Hey guys, how's it going? I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd made my first post about one of my characters.

I'm by no means an experienced sacred 2 player or anything, but from what I have gathered, I feel as though I have a pretty good build.

Okay, on to the actual build!

Skills:

Astral Lord Lore

Astral Lord Focus

Alchemy

Blacksmithing

Combat Discipline

Ancient Magic

Constitution

Armor Lore

I haven't acquired all my skills yet, as I'm only level 37, but if you have any recommendations on that, they are much appreciated.

As for my combat arts...

Spectral Hand

Nether Allegiance

Rallied Souls

Skeletal Fortification

Shadow Veil

Augmenting Guiden

Reflective Emanation

And as for stats, I'm basically just loading up my character with a FECAL MATTER! ton of intelligence

Here's where I'm going with this build... Basically, instead of having a melee based shadow warrior, I decided to make one who's focus is actually casting. The lovely thing is, I can raise spectral soldiers who kill enemies to be raised with rallied souls, so I can have 10 different summons running around who will put distance between me and any enemies. Additionally, with skeletal fortification and spectral hand, I can sit back and tear enemies apart while my summons tank the damage. However, with how much INT my guy has, and with how many runes I've consumed, my spectral soldiers and fortification are ridiculously powerful and basically eat through anything they find.

Additionally, my skills benefit me a lot. For instance, with alchemy, I not only get improved effects from

Mentor potions, which is always useful, but using recovery elixirs and healing potions becomes a lot more useful and prevents me from basically ever dying. I've logged 20 hours on my character thus far, and I have yet to die on Silver.

Basically, this character just sits back and lets his fortification and summons do all the work, and if enemies ever even get close to me, I can either use my super-buffed potions or activate shadow veil and I'm impervious. What do you think? Suggestions?

I am a great fan of alchemy, mainly for the 100% healing in niob and longer lasting undead-ban potions. I never used any green potion in all these years. On console I was told it is hard to use trophies. But mentor potions lasting minutes are very nice.

Where I see problems: enemies with area attacks targeting your summons but you are in the damage zone.

I would choose tactics and concentration as last skills, but thats my personal taste: defending with buffs and have boosted healing potion in case something passes the defense.

Welcome to the forums!

My two cents: ...Oh wait, Canada doesn't have the penny anymore.

My nickel:

- Blacksmithing is broken on the console version. It was never implemented, though it can be chosen (which wastes a skill slot).

- If you find that Alchemy is providing a benefit, then great. Longer lasting potions are always a nice bonus. I've found it hard to justify Alchemy personally. As Chattius mentioned, the Trophies (items which give various buffs and can only be used when Alchemy is chosen) are only selectable via the inventory menu, making it difficult to actively consume trophies. Healing potions can also be spammed on the console version, making the boost in healing amount from Alchemy (as well as the always active "quick consumption of potions" penalty) meaningless to me.

- I would take Concentration for sure. Shadow Veil (modded to be a buff) + Nether Allegiance + Reflective Emanation (modded to share with the party) becomes powerful later on. As a result of using Reflective Emanation, I'd choose Malevolent Champion Focus also (to be able to keep the CA level higher with less penalties). You could also actively use Augmenting Guidon for your skeletons as a result.

An issue that all Summoner type SWs will encounter has been mentioned by Chattius also: Any enemy with Area of Effect spells. I'm looking at you Will'o'Wisps! They will hurt, and will hit you through your Shadow Veil, so keep an eye on your health around them until your Reflective Emanation is modified to reflect magic also, and it's high enough level to protect you consistently.

Thanks guys, that's some good information.

Kind of disappointing about the blacksmithing skill though... There's really no advantage to it? I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to actually use the ability to smith things... Sucks that I wasted a whole skill slot on it. Might need to gather some mentor potions and start over.

I remember hearing once that damage lore is somehow bugged also. If you guys know of any other bugged skills I'd appreciate knowing, it would suck to start over only to get another useless skill X)

The only really bugged skill (as in "doesn't work at all on consoles") is Blacksmith.

I don't remember what people used to say about Damage Lore, but I recall a few people using it and saying that it works fine. Perhaps it didn't work before the console patch.

I would say that Alchemy and Spell Resistance are both worthless. Alchemy works but since you cannot slot the items, I would call it worthless. Whether or not Spell Resistance works is unclear, but I think most people would say not to take it. The amount of spell damage on the console version is not sufficient to warrant it.

The only really bugged skill (as in "doesn't work at all on consoles") is Blacksmith.

I don't remember what people used to say about Damage Lore, but I recall a few people using it and saying that it works fine. Perhaps it didn't work before the console patch.

I think it works ok up to mastery level. Then the damage bonus is not applied I think? Vaclaf's Temple Guardian guides go over the details in depth.

A lot of great info. above to consider. I can only add this...again.

Be very cautious running a Veiled caster SW. The veil will give you the self confindence of immortality. Not true. Area of Effect will damage your SW, sometimes one shot in late game.

Your build is not a tank build with maximum life and defense. Therefore, taking a direct hit late game will one shot your character. Of all the characters I have ran with, the veiled SW got my attention the most.

I killed off 2 of 3. Before finally reaching my level 200. First time I ran with Spectral Soldiers. RiP at level 166. Second time around I thought I would be more careful. RiP at level 157.

Third and final time, I ran veiled without any summons at all. Therefore zero Area of Effect effects. Finally reaching my level 200 Blacksmith.

Lastly an important note. When grinding the Guardians you must either un veil or summon to create the spawn. Be very careful in the transition. More often times then not, the very first Guardian will come out with an Area of Effect spell. Keep your distance creating the spawn.

Funny thing is...I thought at first the Veiled SW would be the safest and quickest way to level 200 for a Blacksmith. The time invested in all 3 could have been better spent running a tank version built to take hits and keep ticking!

Happy Hunting!

I remain, Etherian

I think it works ok up to mastery level. Then the damage bonus is not applied I think? Vaclaf's Temple Guardian guides go over the details in depth.

I looked over Vaclaf's various guides. Good read!

I haven't looked over everything, but I get the impression that none of the bonuses from Damage Lore Mastery actually trigger on consoles. The +Damage element was fixed for Ice and Blood (though it seems that the +Duration element still doesn't function).

Edited by Mystix123

Welcome to the forums, Greenmagic149!

Caster-SW's are not all that uncommon and are a very easy way to start off playing Sacred, as all your defences can be taken care of thru Shadow Veil, leaving a lot of room for experimentation and learning. And, even a "wasted skill" like Blacksmithing really isn't a reason to dump the character entirely.

Your build only has 8 skills, and you get 10 in total, so IMO Malovelent Champion Focus is a must, if you want to use Reflective Emaniation and Augmenting Guidion effectively in the latter levels (and, RE need modifications to be any good, anyway). The added bonus is that you can also use Frenzied Rampage to give your toon some RpH-brokenness, for a General-type toon like this, you should use ranged weapons (may I suggest a laser rifle?)

I like Chattius' suggestion of Tactics and Concentration for your last 2 skills... but you would have to use a buff-suit for casting Reflective Emanation, of course (since you won't have much -regen on MC aspect)

I suppose that's all I have for now, good luck with your mage :)