Just normal attacks character

The challenge is to play a character who just does normal attacks: no damage doing spells, no weapon combat arts.

Buffs and spells would not be allowed to raise x% damage, direct damage or base weapon damage. Stat boosting would be allowed and as is using the CM-patch.

Which character would you choose, which weapon type, which ca's?

A dragon mage or shadow warrior with boosted willpower and laser swords?

Dryad or dragon mage with boosted intellligence and using a wand?

Is there something hitten like the flying crossbow demon from Sacred1?

I will try to revive a level 35 character who was rotting on the harddisc for quite a while because I hadn't the game knowledge I now have.

Have you ever tried a similiar character?

What was the reason for a fail or a success?

• Like! 1

I'm playing right now with dual-wielded lightsabers, and, although I use my combat arts, it feels almost as efficient to just left click attack everything. One of my lightsabers is a Power of Nim, though, which has a direct damage affix on it, so I guess I'd have to switch that one out to be trying the challenge.

Wouldn't just a LL%-weapon do the trick for bosses? Could just be an all-round weapon choice as well I suppose.

I played a "left-click" build with a Temple Guardian abusing the mounted double-hit bug with Battle Extension, although admittedly for the bosses in the caves (ie Guardians) I did use Dedicated Blow. Combat Alert for hitchance and melee protection, blue egg of shieldy goodness, and using the fastest weapon (dagger or shortsword).

That was on the console, so I don't know how well the idea will transfer to the current CM-version.

@belga

The weapon is allowed to have direct damage, but it shouldn't be from a spell/Buff.

My old level 35 was a polearm dragonmage, hoping for the 'hit nearby enemies' or whatever it is called in english on most polearms.

The challenge is to play a character who just does normal attacks: no damage doing spells, no weapon combat arts.

Buffs and spells would not be allowed to raise x% damage, direct damage or base weapon damage. Stat boosting would be allowed and as is using the CM-patch.

Which character would you choose, which weapon type, which Combat Arts?

A dragon mage or shadow warrior with boosted willpower and laser swords?

Dryad or dragon mage with boosted intellligence and using a wand?

Is there something hitten like the flying crossbow demon from Sacred1?

I will try to revive a level 35 character who was rotting on the harddisc for quite a while because I hadn't the game knowledge I now have.

Have you ever tried a similiar character?

What was the reason for a fail or a success?

I had a left click! And was so proud of it! In fact, if you want to use mounts, and never want to get off, you'll have to use left click techniques to build it up correctly.

Chattius, I was using one of your least used skill picks, Alchemy, so that I could make up for lack of CA's...

man, I miss this game and it's depth... will all games go the way of processed food in the future?

help us game gods!

:oooo:

gogo

Characters in Sacred2 were like a selfmade birthday dinner with cakes and BBQ and all variations, characters in Sacred3 are like a Birthday at McD?

Dragon mage uses Mahlstrom to reduce armour and reduce max hp on enemies because of reduced stats. Left clicks can use the doublehit from mastery while weapon ca's can't.

So socketing deathblow could be an option.

Wouldn't something like the Fung Fu Spider Girl(Dryad) and summoner Shadow Warrior already fill this challenge? Maybe I'm not correctly reading the requirements of the build.

IF you want something a bit off the beaten path, it would like seem to require Alchemy as a skill choice. You'd need "Duration of potions" to stack onto that skill choice. Alchemy does offer "chance to evade" in addition to potential combat art modifications. Both the Shadow Warrior and Dryad have Combat Arts that can provide evasion as well. Now I know you can't evade everything but that's why we use or modify Combat Arts. The Dryad can reflect stuff that gets past evasion with a correctly modified Ancient Bark.