(In) Famous Sacred Quotes

Back in the day when I was part of a clan, I started a topic called Quote of the month.

The purpose of it was to put up a funny quote made in MP by any player; whenever possible with screenshot.

Although the idea was liked, the thread died after the first vote.

So, I'm giving it a new attempt here, hoping anyone would contribute their most favourite quotes to share that special feeling the Sacred: UW and SFA MP-experiences were.

So, to do the kick-off:

In S:UW a lot of players usually entered an MP to drop higher level set- / unique items at the starter's island for the players present in the game.

Or a player entered with various toons to empty the stash, since it got too full.

In one game, a player - I believe it was Knuckles, but I'm not certain - entered the game, saw the mess at the island and decided to pick it up and drop it in a lower difficulty. To do that, he had the [alt]-button pressed to highlight the names of the items.

At some point a line of text appeared in the screen, reading:

What's a rukka?

not long later followed by:

Oh, nvm

And another, made by Lea when she was hunting the pirate islands:

Ouch! Those crabs really hurt!

If anyone remembers any funny quotes, post them here.

Thorin :)

PS: Does anyone know what a "Rukka is? :P
I do. :D

My favourite quote from the old Sacred days was when playing original Sacred on a HC server, someone was kindly showing me how to get past the twin Ice Dragons in the NE of the map where the Elves were too, I forget the name of the area offhand. His famous last words were;

"It's real easy to get past these dragons, all you have to do is ........... Sh*t they killed me!"

• Like! 1

I don't remember the 'Rukka" incident but do remember littering the island with loads of stuff. But I think I know what happened there. Everyone once in awhile I would change my font to the unique color (dark goldenrod I think) and give myself a cool name like Knuckles of Utter Devastation and watch everyone try to click on me :)

Was it something along those lines Thorin?

More or less, yes.

"Rukka" is the name of the goblin at the starter's island.

And since some of the special weapons - I.e. the scythe's of the Sakkara priests - were having white names instead of a coloured one; and because players occasionally dropped those weapons, trying to click at a "Rukka" is logical.

I do remember changing your name to the colour of the uniques and all the "fuzz" it created if people couldn't pick it up. :D

Ruka is also the name of the big round Orc city in Sacred 2 where the evil Ore Thag clan reside... But that's another game entirely...

Looks like the goblin has grown then.

As for "another game", I'm curious about player quote's of Sacred 2. I haven't played the game in MP a lot, due to the entire mess with that "clan-that-shan't-be-named".

Now, for Ruka; since I had to check something for another topic, I thought I might as well make a screenshot.

post-27096-0-11465300-1375007759_thumb.png

Edited by Thorin Oakshield