How fast is the Ancarian Day?

I mean compared to ours...how fast does it run? Was chatting with Knuckles, and he said he had to stop taking pix, cuz it got to night, and he had to wait for Daylight. I was amused, remembered doing this as well when I had to take pix too...

So how quickly does the day progress as compared to real time?

:)

gogo

I've seen lots of readers looking at the topic too, and you're right it is intersting..nothing on the wiki about it, and nothing on google searches as well...

let the truth come forth

Sacred investigators to the fray!

:viking:

gogo

OK.. Since I had some free time I ran a test. I figured it would be easiest to get an Android app for my tablet to do the stopwatch bit. So I got one and installed it..

Next, I loaded up my current High Elf who is currently in the first town in the Swamp region. And I waited... Since it was already night, I waited for the lights to go off. And I tripped the stopwatch to run.

Then I waited for the lights to come on signaling the end of the "day". When that came, I hit the lap button. And I waited some more for the lights to go off again and then hit the Stop button on the tablet.

Daylight hours last approximately 42 mins. The night hours last all of about 13 minutes. Total Ancarian day - about 55 minutes long.

YMMV...

Btw... We've all heard about the Inquistor's skirt problems when he stands around, And how Seraphim like pole dancing. The High Elf has an... ahem... thing she does when standing by idle.. She um...adjusts her chest area with both hands and then gives 'em a shake. Mind you, she has to be unarmed for this action to happen.

Seems the High Elves need to learn how to tailor for the female form. Maybe take a few lessons from Victoria's Secret...

• Like! 1

OK.. Since I had some free time I ran a test. I figured it would be easiest to get an Android app for my tablet to do the stopwatch bit. So I got one and installed it..

...I loaded up my current High Elf who is currently in the first town in the Swamp region. And I waited... Since it was already night, I waited for the lights to go off. And I tripped the stopwatch to run.

I bet she had a loooot of complaining to do. "Can we go yet?!"

Btw... We've all heard about the Inquistor's skirt problems when he stands around, And how Seraphim like pole dancing. The High Elf has an... ahem... thing she does when standing by idle.. She um...adjusts her chest area with both hands and then gives 'em a shake. Mind you, she has to be unarmed for this action to happen.

Seems the High Elves need to learn how to tailor for the female form. Maybe take a few lessons from Victoria's Secret...

Hehe. Those naughty Germans. :badbad:

...I loaded up my current High Elf who is currently in the first town in the Swamp region. And I waited... Since it was already night, I waited for the lights to go off. And I tripped the stopwatch to run.

I bet she had a loooot of complaining to do. "Can we go yet?!"

>

Hehe. Those naughty Germans. :badbad:

Surprisingly... Not quite so much. Maybe 5 times in the hour - so once every 10 mins - give or take. And most of it was in the form of "Hmmmm...." or "Let's see..." Tho on occasion she would whine about tea and biscuits or if she stands around much more than that, she would feel human.. Just for that - I made her stand around THAT much longer...

Btw. I do have pics.... What can I say... I was bored sitting there staring for an hour...

• Like! 1

Next, I loaded up my current High Elf who is currently in the first town in the Swamp region. And I waited... Since it was already night, I waited for the lights to go off. And I tripped the stopwatch to run.

Then I waited for the lights to come on signaling the end of the "day". When that came, I hit the lap button. And I waited some more for the lights to go off again and then hit the Stop button on the tablet.

Daylight hours last approximately 42 mins. The night hours last all of about 13 minutes. Total Ancarian day - about 55 minutes long.

YMMV...

This is AWESOME u cracked it Wolfie! Nothing can last under the higher powered scrutiny of.... Investigator! :viking:

So...where should the info go? In a cutom page? Or is there there pages that we could put this there a la miscellaneous grouping, or maybe game concepts page?

What Combat ARts connect to light/dark...maybe their abilities can be linked to this possibly new page?

gogo

No idea. It's not like Sacred 1/Underworld where you had the Vampiress who WAS all about day/night and such. There are no combat arts in Sacred 2 that are tied to day/night. If anything it's merely trivia...

Day/night in Sacred 2 doesn't have the same effects on game play as it did in Sacred 1. You see just as far as you do in both time zones in Sacred 2 (as far as the Fog of War goes) - where in Sacred, your vision was cut roughly in half - meaning it would take two trips through an area to clear the same amount of FoW.

At any rate, I'll leave it up to you to figure out.

No idea. It's not like Sacred 1/Underworld where you had the Vampiress who WAS all about day/night and such. There are no combat arts in Sacred 2 that are tied to day/night. If anything it's merely trivia...

Seraphim Cleansing Brilliance buff gives extra vision at night :)

It also works in caves.. But it's not quite the same thing. A High Elf's Blazing Tempest can also light up the night in an area as well.

But I was referring to a stat called "Visibility Range" - which tells the game how many pixels to clear from the fog as you move into "virgin" territory.

In the original Sacred, it was called "Far Sight"...

Hmmm, so these are all related to the dayness of the game.

We have a few now to list, with Ryan's great info and Wolfie's run down...

Anything else that the day/light cycle is important about?

How bout Quests?

And are there any specific monsters that ONLY come out at night or are impacted by the day/night cycle?

Info on this game never seems to stop^^

gogo

Hmmm, so these are all related to the dayness of the game.

We have a few now to list, with Ryan's great info and Wolfie's run down...

Anything else that the day/light cycle is important about?

How bout Quests?

And are there any specific monsters that ONLY come out at night or are impacted by the day/night cycle?

Documentation of this game will forever grow!

gogo

Um. No... Only in Sacred 1.

In Sacred 2 it doesn't matter WHAT time it is - you're always going to be clearing the same amount of fog regardless of if it's day or night.

Regarding monsters: No.. Werewolves seem to be able to operate in Ancarian daylight just fine for some reason. Apparently their lycanthropy isn't related to their lunar cycle as earth lore would have you believe.

Other "supernatural" beings - ghosts and the like also seem to work just as effectively during the day and night. There are no vampires in Sacred 2, only vampire bats. And those tend to stay in caves. Their cousins in the swamps seem to also have no problem with roaming about outside in daylight hours either.

I think for simplicity's sake, Ascaron ditched all of that day/night thing in Sacred 2. The game was already complex enough with adding more to it.

Are there questgivers in Sacred 2 that are affected by the cycle?

gogo

Um.. No...

Gogo - there isn't anything in Sacred 2 that is affected by the time of day - except perhaps how much you see clearly on the screen when it's dark - as Ryan pointed out.

Beyond that, NO, it doesn't have any effect on the game. Period. Full Stop.

Are there questgivers in Sacred 2 that are affected by the cycle?

gogo

What about quality drops

If I go only hunting in the dark, and walk widdershins, will I have a higher chance of finding them?

;)

gogo

• Like! 1

Gogo - there isn't anything in Sacred 2 that is affected by the time of day - except perhaps how much you see clearly on the screen when it's dark - as Ryan pointed out.

Yes, that's what I was referring too. Not the Visibility modifier, but the actual light aura coming off of your character :)

• Like! 1

Yeah, night in Sacred 2 is only cosmetic but it is much darker. I can see how it could hamper a player's vision just by virtue of it being so dark. This makes things that give off light actually kind of valuable. By comparison night in Sacred 1 is just a slight dimness. I really only notice it because the light radius on the minimap is decreased so much.

It also works in caves.. But it's not quite the same thing. A High Elf's Blazing Tempest can also light up the night in an area as well.

But I was referring to a stat called "Visibility Range" - which tells the game how many pixels to clear from the fog as you move into "virgin" territory.

I notice absolutely no difference in the amount of fog of war cleared with Far Sight +163. That ought to be a large enough number to notice but the amount of fog cleared is identical. I've read that this bonus spawns enemies sooner (and more enemies as a consequence) and makes their red dots (and I guess blue/white dots of NPC's) visible sooner on the map.

Light Radius bonuses don't seem to have an effect on minimap fog either (+80 something). I only see the light change around my character.

The only thing I've seen in S1 that affects the amount of fog of war cleared is night/day.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Yeah, night in Sacred 2 is only cosmetic but it is much darker. I can see how it could hamper a player's vision just by virtue of it being so dark. This makes things that give off light actually kind of valuable. By comparison night in Sacred 1 is just a slight dimness. I really only notice it because the light radius on the minimap is decreased so much.

I notice absolutely no difference in the amount of fog of war cleared with Far Sight +163. That ought to be a large enough number to notice but the amount of fog cleared is identical. I've read that this bonus spawns enemies sooner (and more enemies as a consequence) and makes their red dots (and I guess blue/white dots of NPC's) visible sooner on the map.

Light Radius bonuses don't seem to have an effect on minimap fog either (+80 something). I only see the light change around my character.

The only thing I've seen in S1 that affects the amount of fog of war cleared is night/day.

I suspect there's a point where you've overpowered a skill to the point where it no longer matters.

What about quality drops

If I go only hunting in the dark, and walk widdershins, will I have a higher chance of finding them?

;)

gogo

Not that I've ever noticed. Enhanced Perception and CtFV rules the roost in that department. And I've seen just as many good drops at night as I do during the day. Tho, given the day is only about 1/4 as long as night in Sacred 2, the number of things you get that are worth picking up will be less - but only because of the duration.

I checked the day/night in Sacred 1, if anyone's interested. For daytime I got 54 minutes, and for night I got 14 minutes, bringing a 24-hour day in S1 Ancaria to 68 minutes (give or take a few seconds). I didn't think to check if this info is already out there, just timed it myself.

I suspect there's a point where you've overpowered a skill to the point where it no longer matters.

Let me clarify: I see no difference when switching between +0 bonus to Far Sight and a +186 bonus. I can take off all my equipment that gives me a bonus/set bonus and cut a swath through the fog, and when I re-equip the gear the swath I cut is exactly the same size. I thought perhaps my character gained a hidden bonus somehow, but judging by screenshots, a brand-new character clears exactly the same amount of fog.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Flix has just added this new Day/World into to Wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Day/Night_Cycle&rcid=63118

Thank you!

Page is open to anyone else to add more eidts/info, for example pix of progressing day, or anything that adds more insight/info.

Thanks everyone for being so generous and helpfuol with this topic To reference and give credit, this topic has been added to the page creation notes as well in SacredWiki

gogo

Great work Flix, thanks for the entries!

So many angles in this game, I'm sure something weird and wild will pop up, thanks to all the sacred investigators in this topic, link in Wiki pointing back here as well

gogo