List of Abbrevations for Sacred 2

Hi everybody:

I would like a list of abbrivations that are used when talking about things on this site. Sometimes I have no clue what is being discussed. I am fairly new to gaming and I have a hard time trying to decipher what is actually being said. Some of the abbrivations I have seen could stand for anything and I am sometimes completely confussed.

I appreciate all help I get.

Thanks,

Gangster Girl

• Like! 1

Here's a list on the wiki though I don't think it'll help much.
http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Game_Glossary_and_Abbreviations

Several common abbreviations were coded in the forum so the full name was displayed...try typing 'S-2' (without the hyphen) and see what happens :)

This is asking a lot but if you could list a few that you don't know the meaning to, we can provide the full name and maybe even get them coded so it'll display the full name in the post instead of the abbreviation.

Hi everybody:

I would like a list of abbrivations that are used when talking about things on this site. Sometimes I have no clue what is being discussed. I am fairly new to gaming and I have a hard time trying to decipher what is actually being said. Some of the abbrivations I have seen could stand for anything and I am sometimes completely confussed.

I appreciate all help I get.

Thanks,

Gangster Girl

Hey Ganster, thanks for making this post!

lol, regarding your problems with the Acronyms, I can totally relate. I remember years ago when the game first got released, because of the way CA's were set up, all of a sudden instead of singe word writing, everyone was acronmyizing everything, and all of a sudden the discussions became almost unintelligible to me on the SIF and here because, if you didn't play a particular class that was being talked about, you had to actually look up all the acronyms being used to get an understanding.

If I remember correctly, we put a filter in here at DarkMatters, so that anyone using a pre setup Acronym, would automatically have it changed in the DarkMatters editor to the full CA word, with color, Combat Art logo and a link to the Wiki.

Was awesome

Well, awesome, and buggy...plus we started getting complaints from folks here saying that when they'd try writing in words that used that word combo, all of a sudden Poop! the link would appear.

So we took it out, and years passed, and now, lol we're back here again.

Is that page that we showed you any help? I was thinking something that could be done as a wiki project would be to remove the already existing acronyms on the Sacred Glossary/Abreviations page, make a link at the top from abbreviations and then have that spawn it's own page ...

Sacred 2 Abreviations

This would keep the glossary page from getting very very very long and unwieldy, we could pull out all the acronyms from the glosary page and transfer them to the new page where they would stand alone, and we could add in all manner of abreviations we could think of being used in forum for the wiki in context of Sacred 2

:)

gogo

Gogo pm'd me to ask if I'd be interested in taking this project on. I'll be happy to, so he is going to open a page.

I won't be able to do anything until Monday at the earliest, so feel free to add abbreviations and I'll start working on sorting and developing as soon as I can.

• Like! 1

I''ve just added the link to glossary page here at top;

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Game_Glossary_and_Abbreviations

There's no need to take anything off of the glossary page, for as a one stop shop, it's kind of okay...the abreviations page, however should have ALL AND EVERY single abreviation we have used in any forum anywhere, so to start with, the abreviations page can have all previous abreviations copied over from glossary page, and then add all the missing abreviations to new page.

I've set up the letter box and a new page description as well.

Here's the link to new page

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Abbreviations

Fun project!

gogo

I've bookmarked it for now. I think I'll copy the glossary page to a text document and then paste those definitions into the new page over the week end.

Feel free to post any abreviations you don't see in this thread guys if you don't want to directly edit that page. I'll keep an eye on this page.

Edit: Also I like the way the lettering Knuckles et. al came up with for the places pages better than what is on the glossary page, so if it's ok I'll go with that instead.

Edited by Ysne58

I'm not sure I understand re new lettering though, old glossary is set up as a word reference for word set up using dictionary style found on all encyclopaedia and dictionary references.

gogo

That wasn't what I was referring to. I'm not good at describing things though. What I have in mind won't effect the word list itself. After you see what I do, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Something went wrong with that.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Game_Abbreviations

I clicked on R to add regeneration per hit. My browser went to a blank page that I filled in with the letter and then the information for Regeneration per Hit.

The letters that went accross the top of the page all disappeared and I don't know how to get that back.

Now the only letter that appears is R and the entry under it.

Edit:

Original page (which is still there and unchanged.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Abbreviations

Edited by Ysne58

I can access the page fine. My question is how did that new page creation happen. I did not try to create a new page. I do not even know what I did incorrectly at this point and I'm more than a little frustrated by that.

Edited by Ysne58

Heya. I "think" that where it says basename the following is supposed to be the same as the pagename. Right now on the Abbreviations page it says:

|basename=Sacred 2:Game Abbreviations

I think it is supposed to be:

|basename=Sacred 2:Abbreviations

I assume the code was copy/pasted from the main glossary page in which case the |basename=Sacred 2:Game Abbreviations just needs to be changed to |basename=Sacred 2:Abbreviations. When that's done it should be fine to click on "R" or any letter. :)

Heya. I "think" that where it says basename the following is supposed to be the same as the pagename. Right now on the Abbreviations page it says:

|basename=Sacred 2:Game Abbreviations

I think it is supposed to be:

|basename=Sacred 2:Abbreviations

I assume the code was copy/pasted from the main glossary page in which case the |basename=Sacred 2:Game Abbreviations just needs to be changed to |basename=Sacred 2:Abbreviations. When that's done it should be fine to click on "R" or any letter. :)

I made that change, and now when I click on a letter nothing happens. Not sure what to do next.