Character I think would have been fun to play in Sacred 2

I think it would have been great fun to play Sacred 2 as Predator. Variations of most of his weapons are already in the game, as well as his cloaking ability. One thing that I think would have been a must to add in the game would have been his trophy collecting skill; Predator just doesn't feel like Predator to me without ripping out skulls

• Like! 1

I wanted to play as a Dwarf and was thoroughly peeved that I couldn't! None of the classes in Sacred 2 were half as well characterised as the Dwarf from the original Sacred. He had a personality all of his own and wasn't just some clone that could have come from any game. I know that they attempted to replace him with the Temple Guardian, but I am sorry to say that in my estimation it didn't even come close!

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

I know there are trophies, it just doesn't have the same gratification as ripping the skulls out yourself. I'm well aware of alchemy. And no, I don't want a retex. My point was I've never played the Predator in a rpg, just fps, and thought "hmm, if I could pop him in any of my fav rpgs, it'd be this one. As far as the dwarf, I couldn't really get into him that much. I tried, but I just wasn't a fan of the mortar thing. The character that I was bummed that didn't cross over to the second game was the demon.

• Like! 1

Ya know, there's probably a very good reason why you've never played the Predator dude in any game before...

It's got to do with that "ripping the skulls out yourself" bit - a wee tad too graphic for the masses and ratings people. Think about it for a moment, Sacred 2 doesn't exactly have a lot of super violent graphics, nudity, nasty language, and it STILL managed to get an "M for Mature" rating.

Ya know, there's probably a very good reason why you've never played the Predator dude in any game before...

He said he's played one in an FPS before :P God of War is a very popular game series that promotes the super violent graphics and nudity and still walks away with a 'M' rating every time. I agree that a Predator wouldn't fit the Sacred 2 atmosphere, but it could certainly have its place in an RPG :)

• Like! 1

I know there are trophies, it just doesn't have the same gratification as ripping the skulls out yourself. I'm well aware of alchemy. And no, I don't want a retex. My point was I've never played the Predator in a rpg, just fps, and thought "hmm, if I could pop him in any of my fav rpgs, it'd be this one. As far as the dwarf, I couldn't really get into him that much. I tried, but I just wasn't a fan of the mortar thing. The character that I was bummed that didn't cross over to the second game was the demon.

I never used the Mortar or Flamethrower, in fact none of the guns at all. My Dwarf was a bare-knucles boxer and regularly took out dragons with punches and kicks only. In fact he was finally killed by a stupid rat which was aided by the lag monster (online hardcore server). But I didn't mean I missed Dwarf for the skills, I meant for the character's personality. Most of the characters in Sacred2 were very shallow with no real personality the way the original Sacred characters had.

I think it would have been great fun to play Sacred 2 as Predator. Variations of most of his weapons are already in the game, as well as his cloaking ability. One thing that I think would have been a must to add in the game would have been his trophy collecting skill; Predator just doesn't feel like Predator to me without ripping out skulls

Big fan of the Predator first movie, and part of the ensuing franchise.

Predator had hr giger, ground breaking effects, and great hunt/kill/trophy philophy. Agree with you that sacred 2's trophies aren't the same kind of feel, but they did get pretty close to Star Wars!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Star_Wars

:)

gogo

The biggest reasons why I love Predator are the special effects and the sound effects. I like the sound the Predator makes when he switches his thermal vision modes. I also like the bubbly/chittery sound he makes. I also really like the cloaking effect, it reminds me of the water worm from The Abyss. Sound effects and music are usually my favorite parts of sci fi. The sound I loved the most from Star Wars was when the Death Star was powering up it's laser, when the guy is pushing levers. Sound effects are all I remember from the original Battlestar Galactica, I liked the sound of the red light going back and forth on the robots helmets. But I'm going off topic. Predator: I have a fact for you Gogo, that you might find interesting if you don't know. Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally cast to play as the predator, but he quit after two days

I remember being so pleased and surprised with the movie. Trailers weren't as ubiquitous as they are these days, u actully had to hunt something down to find it.

gotta love those cool/creepy/AWESOME alien count down numerals on his wrist-box...

movie never stopped being imaginative

Mabe one day someone'll make predator armor for Sacred 2^^

:)

gogo

I forgot all about the numerals! Other retextures I think would be fun: retexturing the Shadow Warrior's mutation set to looks more like Clancy Brown's Kurgan from Highlander ( I always liked Clancy brown, his birth town was close to mine), and retexturing Niokaste's Blade Dance to look like Kate Beckinsale's costume from Underworld. So I don't offend anyone, I like the sets as is, and I know it takes a long time to retexture things, I just like coming up with new ideas for existing models :lol:

I have one more idea for today, because I've had way too much Revv coffee and I'm stalling having to carve a set of Peridot rune stones. I think it would also be great fun to retexture the Armantin helmet so the horns are the size of Tim Curry's character in Legend. Now I have an idea for Halloween. I bet I could get my hands on some Vacuform. The tricky part would be to get Jenn to wear Mia Sara's black dress