Separate Sacred and Under World desktop icons

I installed sacred and sacred:uw a while ago both from disc. I bought them in separate boxes. when I upgraded from classic to the xpac I ended up with a new icon for UW while the icon for classic remained. is this usual? on top of that the classic vampire I had started did not transfer into UW. just wondering if any one had some insight. thanks ahead of time.

Two thoughts (been a bit too long since I've played to know for certain):

1) may need to export the character in Sacred and import it in UW

2) may need to find the hero file and copy it to the UW save folder

The problem is probably #1. If I remember correctly, it doesn't create a hero file when you're playing a regular game; it's just part of the save game file. I don't remember the exact term but you need to save or export your character. This creates a file that starts w/ the word hero (it's something like hero0.pax but don't hold me to the 2nd half of it).

Two thoughts (been a bit too long since I've played to know for certain):

1) may need to export the character in Sacred and import it in UW

2) may need to find the hero file and copy it to the UW save folder

The problem is probably #1. If I remember correctly, it doesn't create a hero file when you're playing a regular game; it's just part of the save game file. I don't remember the exact term but you need to save or export your character. This creates a file that starts w/ the word hero (it's something like hero0.pax but don't hold me to the 2nd half of it).

Thanks. What about the two games having separate icons? This is the only game I've ever seen do that.

Titan Quest does it too if you install Titan Quest Gold, it makes a two installations, one of just the base game and one is base game plus expansion. It's strange, and I suppose it may be the same thing here. So long as the Underworld shortcut is running the full game I think the other can be ignored.