Possible to edit survival bonus?

Not that I know of, not even in the character editor. But you could edit an item's blueprint, like a unique ring or something you have, and add the "Survival Bonus +X%" bonus to it. Just make the X like 99 or something.

I believe I have a unique bronze level ring somewhere. It only has one or two properties. Doors difficulty level affect how many bonuses the base item spans with?

With your instructions I should be able to edit it. Thanks. Can this be done on more than one item to double it or is there a cap for bonus survival gain?

And I can't find survival bonus on the wiki. How much should I have gained after 15 hours? I don't want more than I had earned. I'm just angry I lost what I had because the porting out still allowed me to die.

Thanks a lot you're a life saver

I believe I have a unique bronze level ring somewhere. It only has one or two properties. Doors difficulty level affect how many bonuses the base item spans with?

Sometimes, yeah. I think with lower levels certain bonuses are subtracted.

With your instructions I should be able to edit it. Thanks. Can this be done on more than one item to double it or is there a cap for bonus survival gain?

It could be done with multiple items but there's some kind of diminishing returns when using this modifier. 20% on one item and 20% on another won't necessarily boost it by 40% - it will be less than that. You can never get up to 100%

And I can't find survival bonus on the wiki. How much should I have gained after 15 hours? I don't want more than I had earned. I'm just angry I lost what I had because the porting out still allowed me to die.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Survival_Bonus

Assuming you spent all 15 hours in combat it would be around 70% - however you could probably cut your hours in half to be realistic, taking into account exploring, trading, and whatever other time not spent in combat. So I would probably say 45% or so.

Last time I can remember it was in the 50s. I usually run through the campaign to level. I do very little shopping n questing. I sell on the run and only stop to switch out gear for farmed upgrades.

I have no idea how to do what you instructed. I can't find anything named blueprint...

It's called blueprint.txt, and it's in your Sacred 2 installation folder. And as I said, it's in the subfolders scripts\server For example, on my system the path is C:\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\server

Here's a tip: any time someone tells you the name of a file, even if they didn't tell you the exact path you can search for the file with Windows.

is there some editing program I'm supposed to have for this?

Notepad (comes with windows) is sufficient. It's just a text file after all. I use Notepad++ for convenience and extra features but it's unnecessary for a project like this.

Just a heads up, if you are talking about the item mod "Faster increase of Survival Bonus + X%" I recall it being noted at one point that the item mod only had a temporary effect on your survival bonus. With the item equipped the value achieved at the increased rate was shown, but as soon as the item was unequipped the survival bonus you would achieve at the default rate was shown. I'm not sure if this changed at any point, but it is worth noting.

Yes, it only works while the item is equipped, so you just leave the item on. But eventually he'll get his SB up high enough to where he can take it off. Also, as far as I know the "Faster Increase" is not true - it's actually a direct boost, which is why the CM Patch changed the bonus name to simply "Survival Bonus +X%".

Yes, it only works while the item is equipped, so you just leave the item on. But eventually he'll get his SB up high enough to where he can take it off. Also, as far as I know the "Faster Increase" is not true - it's actually a direct boost, which is why the CM Patch changed the bonus name to simply "Survival Bonus +X%".

Ok so my character is using niokaste's robe guard and sandals, lord wayne's playerkiller, icingdeath, and I have an Urtak's sparkle in stash.

Having trouble finding them in the blueprint. not sure its all english names lol. Of course the thing is like 100,000 lines of script.

never mind I edited the urtak sparkle. 9000 gave me 96.3% bonus to survival bonus. if you want that info for your records. I'm not much of a computer guy so it doesn't do me any good as far as future reference. maybe it does for you.

now if I want to make a duplicate of this ring how do I determine its location in my stash so I can copy it right next to itself? is there a value in the blueprint that determines which square its located in, in my shared stash or is it easier to just make a copy of my stash move it to a character and replace the whole stash:)

Hey, it worked! That's great.

You can't duplicate an item through that script file like that. Easiest way to duplicate an item is to put it in your shared chest, then make a copy of the chest file (it's in your savegame folder, called chest.sacred2chest). Then you can take the item out, then keep copying the chest file back into your folder and taking the item over and over again until you have all the copies you want.

Better to edit a post rather than make 3 in a row within 20 minutes.

it only lets me edit once.

Hey, it worked! That's great.

You can't duplicate an item through that script file like that. Easiest way to duplicate an item is to put it in your shared chest, then make a copy of the chest file (it's in your savegame folder, called chest.sacred2chest). Then you can take the item out, then keep copying the chest file back into your folder and taking the item over and over again until you have all the copies you want.

Better to edit a post rather than make 3 in a row within 20 minutes.

it only lets me edit once then it doesn't offer the option anymore. I'm still learning all the intricacies of this forum.

also, I made 6 rings total. I made a copy of my chest then put the ring back for 2 total in shared then copied that too. I put 3 on my dryad and 2 on my seraphim. they needed faster survival gain since where they're at needs the boost to stats. I all the info in the mod forum here http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21643-survival-bonus-modding-info/

if you're interested in seeing the effects.

thanks again for the help.