Does anyone still actively play?

Been stuck on single player because I can't create a tunngle server using wireless and angel shade is the only person I've connected with and he's in a different time zone. Does any one actively play who would be interested in multi player? I'm in EST. Just throwing this out there.

Steam and tunngle allow for LAN play. It's been in a few threads that I've seen. It's how I was able to find out. Otherwise I'd have been clueless. I believe both players still need the same version (ie, cm or non cm)

Edited by Veracious

Sorry, but I don't. I don't really like playing with other people, and the other things is all my files and scripts are personally modded to heck and back.

I don't think the mods will affect anything. just the version. its all local play.

and I never understood the single player preference. games for me are more fun when they're social which is why I stopped bothering with PoE. D2 was the only hardcore social game I ever played. I had like 30 friends, half of whom were on at any given time if not all of them. we ran 6 games simultaneously and we were all blowing up the chat. it was the best time I ever had playing a video game. being alone at my system is not enjoyable to me. its too bad I love sacred 2 so much.

I'm pretty sure at the very least all the scripts in the "Server" folder have to match up for two people to play together, no matter the type of connection. Probably more, too. If I changed a bunch of spells and items, but you didn't, whose files would control what the items and spells did? It might depend on who hosted the game, but more likely I bet it wouldn't even let the two people join up. That's the point of the making sure the versions match up, because the files need to match up.

As for single player, chatting with people online is no problem. We can talk til the sun comes up. But I don't like playing games like this with other people. I dunno why, they just spoil it. I like to control the pace and the tone of the experience. I don't need easily distracted boneheads messing me up or letting me down, asking me questions or getting lost or always needing help, and conversely I also don't want to deal with someone who thinks they know everything and wants to control everything and won't help me. One of those two types of people is my experience with online play.

I enjoy team play but of course it takes a dedicated group of like minded players. You're right about that. Back when I was on D2 we were at such an advanced level that we did the same repeat runs quickly and efficiently and there were no issues. In this game running through the campaign solo is becoming boring. What happens when I reach to tier? Playing solo means no one to show off to. Yea great I did it n I'm finished but then what? I also don't like nodding the power of my toon. It feels like cheating. The survival bonus script is as far as I'll go and that's because it was a cm quest that killed me. I'm just working back to my original level. Unfortunately there's no company servers any more.I only played closed server for a few months before shut down and the guy I teamed with disappeared after just a few sessions. I guess the joy of exploring as a new player which I still am for the most part having never gotten past level 60 yet, is more fun with a team so I still have that beginner mentality.

I still play under CM patch 1.30 for Sacred 2. My time zone is Arizona, which would be two hours ahead compared to your EST. I have Sacred 2 installed under Windows XP, but I'll admit that I've never tried tunngle. I suspect that your Sacred 2 configuration would have to match mine for any attempt to connect to work. The biggest challenges I see would be in regards to the technical and time differences.

I still play under CM patch 1.30 for Sacred 2. My time zone is Arizona, which would be two hours ahead compared to your EST. I have Sacred 2 installed under Windows XP, but I'll admit that I've never tried tunngle. I suspect that your Sacred 2 configuration would have to match mine for any attempt to connect to work. The biggest challenges I see would be in regards to the technical and time differences.

I'm running the cm patch. I just downloaded it last month so I assume it's the latest version. I haven't done anything else to mod or reconfigure sacred 2 so. And tunngle is just a lan connection I can't see how you modding your own character would affect anything. Of course I'm no expert. I'm ny time so a couple hours is no big difference. I'm Veracious on tunngle n Skype.

For the record:

If you want to do the campaign on-line, it requires teamplay.
However, you can use the starter's Island to travel to various area's of Ancaria and play the game solo, but still be in the same server. You can even do some quests, without it requiring teamplay.

There are only two disadvantages of this.

1) Because there are more players in a server (even LAN is called a server), some opponents are harder to kill. It's something Ascaron added to make the game more attractive.

2) Drops are split, meaning that set-piece you so desperately need may be given to the other player roaming at another part of the map. However, after 60 seconds items are released, so you just have to wait a bit to pick it up.

Ascaron added that one after getting too many complaints from the Sacred: Underworld players having their items stolen by players that didn't even fight the battle.

But in general, playing the game together - even in various regions - is a lot more fun as playing it solo.

Now, if I only remembered my account name and password. :(

Thorin :)

For the record:

If you want to do the campaign on-line, it requires teamplay.

However, you can use the starter's Island to travel to various area's of Ancaria and play the game solo, but still be in the same server. You can even do some quests, without it requiring teamplay.

There are only two disadvantages of this.

1) Because there are more players in a server (even LAN is called a server), some opponents are harder to kill. It's something Ascaron added to make the game more attractive.

2) Drops are split, meaning that set-piece you so desperately need may be given to the other player roaming at another part of the map. However, after 60 seconds items are released, so you just have to wait a bit to pick it up.

Ascaron added that one after getting too many complaints from the Sacred: Underworld players having their items stolen by players that didn't even fight the battle.

But in general, playing the game together - even in various regions - is a lot more fun as playing it solo.

Now, if I only remembered my account name and password. :(

Thorin :)

Name and password for tunngle or sacred? Cause the sacred servers are gone. I'm a little confused.

I downloaded and installed Tunngle and created a profile under DaveO-MM. I was able to create a test server for Sacred 2, but now we'd have to come up with a time and method of contact in order to test if you can connect or not.

• Like! 1

Tunggle operates like a "lobby" system, so you just browse to the RPG section and select Ice & Blood. I was able to join a game yesterday with Veracious, so I'm explaining the setup to any others interested.

Yea tunngle just uses the already inherent lan system the game has and acts as a tunnel for you to connect to a hosting pc. Normally the company servers would allow this. It only allows game to game direct connect. It is set up in such a way that a host shouldn't be able to get hacked. It isolates you to just the hosted game and quarantines you off from the rest of a person's system. Pretty cool actually from what I was able to read of it. And multi-player is way more fun than single player.

Also I'm Veracious on Skype as well. It's much easier to talk during the game than to stop and type. And safer in those tougher areas lol. If anyone one is interested that is.