Problem with quest gold reward

I've edited the questgolddrop and reset to the original balance.txt on multiple occasions now and for some reason whether its a new toon, old toon, sp or mp, I get zero gold from quests. can someone please tell me whats going on? I got nothing left.

Edited by gogoblender

Are you 100% certain you've tried using the balance.txt from before making any edits to it? My e-mail's on my profile, you can email the file to me and I can take a look at it.

yes. I'm sorry I failed to mention that when I reset the balance.txt I get gold rewards again. its only when I edit that particular line. other than the numbers in parentheses for Silver questgolddrop I didn't change anything. even the drop rates for rares sets and uniques I reset to normal. its just the gold drop for quest rewards that ends up giving me nothing if I change the numbers at all. I'm so frustrated.

Ok, I had a quick test with a clean installation, I only edited the line:

QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,8050},

To

QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,805000000},

Which resulted in the reward given for the quest I tested it with increasing from 20 gold to ~4million gold on completion. Obviously, editing the last number only will only effect niobium, so if you want all difficulties edited then all numbers need changing. I did not need to modify QuestGoldLow or anything else, only the line shown above. This was with a toon downloaded from the downloads section here. If that is not working for you I would suggest backing up your save game folder, removing all files present (including the chest and latest files) and then creating a new toon to see if that works. If that does then copy back your save games as needed.

Haven't reached niob yet. The change did not work for me in silver. Next time I play I will try a fresh toon after emptying my save folder. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep you posted.

Haven't reached niob yet. The change did not work for me in silver. Next time I play I will try a fresh toon after emptying my save folder. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep you posted.

I only used niob as an example, edit the second number if you only have access to silver.

Well I plaYed a little more today but in a casual manner and found that even though done quests say gold reward in the wiki and when you talk to the quest giver, it's not always the case. Upon doing some different quests I was flooded with gold from the edited I made. Problem solved. I also got tired of leveling through silver and just boosted xp to give me level 200 immediately. Now I can walk through the silver and gold campaign and test my build in plat n niob.