I wonder if they allow Immigration?

Good Lord! I once wrote a piece of fiction about a totalitarian society that was trying to eliminate free thought. Each year, a contest is held in poetry, fiction, art, science , etc. Winners are given round way tickets to this tropical paradise that's so beautiful, no one ever comes back. This "paradise" was a strip of concrete in the ocean, which Sealand reminds me very much of, where the "winners" were either killed or forced to work the killing machines. I kind of put that on the back-burner for a little bit, because Equilibrium came out just as I was finishing it up. Maybe it's been long enough to where I can blow the dust off it, there's a few places I want to send it to. Anyway, Sealand: some people may see it as a place to escape mainstream society, but I see it as a place where mainstream society exiles you to.

• Like! 1

Every few years a smart and wise person hates taxes and founds his own kingdom with himself as a self declared or voted king. The country which the new kingdom was a part of (or most often still is) however considers such persons as mentally ill or tax fugitives.

For example the Königreich Deutschland (Kingdom of germany) with its 35 people.

http://www.vice.com/Fringes/kingdom-of-germany

massive wikipaedia page

Can I make my own country too?

:D

gogo

Yes, you can make your own country any time any way you want. But you are going to need a standing army and law enforcers to control the external and internal chaos. And then there are the “international relationships” and “import/export” issues. Micronations just beg to be invaded or bordered off. Good luck with that…

Or just go play BioShock, Minecraft or something. Maybe read up on some old Cracked article or two.

I find those wannabe micronations to be insulting to actual suffering Enclaves, like the India/Bangladesh nightmare:

136198_v1.jpg

There is a german enclave in switzerland. Laws are quite confusing there. German belongs to the european community, the swiss not. Same is valid for the village of Büsingen, the 1500 people german enclave in the swiss. Not bound to european law, allowed to pay german letter stamps with swiss franc, ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%BCsingen_am_Hochrhein

800px-Lage_von_b%C3%BCsingen_im_detail.s

• Like! 1