This War of Mine (explicit content)

This game is not for the faint of heart.

This War of Mine - 11 bit studios

This War Of Mine provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle. For the very first time you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout. At night you get a chance to scavenge nearby locations for items that will help you stay alive. Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them to endure the hardships. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.

This War of Mine was released for the Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems in November 2014. The reviews have been spectacular. Definitely worth checking out, I reckon.
I felt this game deserved some attention in this wonderful community. Not only because this game is unlike anything I've ever seen, but also because this game has been developed with close ties to War Child. Just last month, the studio held a raffle to raise funds for War Child. How much better can it get? Awesome game, and supporting a good cause as well.
Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

Wow and more wow.....what a unique perspective for a war game....You're not the 'hero' just someone trying to survive the brutality of war. Love the grittiness, the dark ruined backgrounds, the look of hopelessness in the survivors. It really makes you feel like you can understand and empathize with what many had to go through to make it through another day.

Unfortunately I have to go to work but will check out some gameplay vids tonight. Definitely interested in this. As long as it's not a FPS (looks more like a side scroller) I think I will get it. My eyes aren't good enough for a Call of Duty type game.

• Like! 1