World Of Warcraft

Does anybody else on here play this?

I have a few characters on various servers(none above level 17 or 18, I think), and the main ones I usually play are on are Scilla as Alliance and Balnazzar as Horde.

Anybody wanna get togther for some questing?

I have a 60 huntress and 60 mage on Lightninghoof, RPPVP server. Horde side. 300 tailoring and potion-brewer. 4 that make mooncloth every 4 days... but stopped playing it. Might sell the account, especially that not much people here are playing that game. I also have a paladin 40 I don`t remember where... I hate allies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Im surprised Everyone doesn't play WoW. Best game other than Ogame.

Alliance:

I have a 63 Dwarf Priest on Jubei'Thos server, a Draneai Warrior level 48 on Aman'thul, Trying to twink my level 19 Rogue on Aman'thul. 35 Gnome Warlock on Jubei'thos.

Horde:

level 45 Orc Warrior (twinked) on some American Server (forget which one exactly) level 46 Undead Rogue (Twinked) Forget which server as well. 21 Blood Elf Warlock on Aman'Thul.

Edit: Dwarf Priest has full tier 1 and 2 pieces of tier 2

Edited by ChuckBiscuits
  • 1 month later...

It's supposed to be one of the best games out there, but I like the way Gint just said it...I think I'd get tired of having to pay monthlies. For a game, I just don't think I'm ready to do that yet. I played Guild Wars, and still think it's the best "big" online game I've ever played.

And...no monthly fees

:)

gogo

It's supposed to be one of the best games out there, but I like the way Gint just said it...I think I'd get tired of having to pay monthlies. For a game, I just don't think I'm ready to do that yet. I played Guild Wars, and still think it's the best "big" online game I've ever played.

And...no monthly fees

:)

gogo

Yup I agree...

If I spend my money its not regularly just to play a game, thats a waste of money if you ask me.

And the other thing is that WoW is more life consuming than ogame...

Guild Wars (and sacred :) ) ftw!

:whip:

~Doom

What you just said was pretty true Tim...that if a game is TOO enticing and can actually become a kind of competition for RL...kinda like ogame...well, it starts getting scary...at least for me.

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Moonwatcher and I both tried WOW as both sets of our grown kids are IN LOVE with the game. Couldn't get past the SUPER cartoony aspect of the characters. Also hated the thought of having to pay almost $16.00 a month in fees. GUILD WARS and SACRED F T W for us. Now we are just leveling our Sacred toons to try to catch up with all of you to get into Kamakazi Sundays. And still playing GUILD WARS...which we just got over a preview weekend of Guild Wars Eye of the North....IE: GW:EN. Lol. We keep trying to catch up here and hope to get in with everyone else soon. WE WILL MEET AGAIN GOGO AND SCHOTS and finally get to meet the rest of the Clan D.a.r.k. So till that time comes stay safe and enjoy life.

Stargazer :Just_Cuz_21:

Hurray for sacred and guild wars, who thinks I should dig up some WoW horror stories where WoW competed with RL, or even beat it..?

:Just_Cuz_21:

~Doom

P.S. WHos for a GW reunion, I've just started playing again, now theres dungeons and new high end content (Guild Wars Eye of the North)

Edited by TimOfDoom

I think that both World of Warcraft and Guild Wars are both poorly made games. Not only can they waste all of your time doing basically nothing (Even posting on the forums help you a bit, makes you a fast typer ^^ ), they also make you forget about real life, which is truly disgusting.

The biggest thing I don't like about them is the outrageous cost. Why play them when you can play a different game, have better friends, not waste your life, and save some money in the mean time! :devil:

By the way, a few of you mentioned that ogame was also life consuming. This is only if you let yourself get addicted to it. You have to have the right will power, and when you see yourself getting sucked into the vacuum of the ocrack you just fleetsave for a few days and let your mines keep going, or even go into vmode or quit for a while in extreme circumstances. You are the keeper of your time, so ultimately we decide what happens in that case. Dutch manages to play while at many times just spending 15 to 20 minutes a week on his account. That is quite impressive, and anybody should be able to follow suit if needed.

In conclusion, I think that GW and WoW are two of the most overrated games ever. I can see where people are coming from who love those games, but they just become too much to handle.