Does yer pet PwN you?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Er...do yer pets pwn you?

I mean really...this is gettin ridiculous.

I hate cats....

Or so I THOUGHT I did.

Understand... I come from a culture where pets aren't even BEGUN to bein

being conceived of in any sort of way that pets in canada are.

IN Srilanka...pets walk in through yer door on a daily basis.

No need to name or tame them either.

You'll just get a new one the next day.

Heck if it looked good enuff my family woulda probably just curried and eaten it .

*mwoohahah*

Bon apetit

It's this sort of attitude that I grew up with and my parents ingrained into me.

My roomie has a cat.

I now own a cat

Slowly but inexorably ...this cat has begun to ...

pwn me!

I can't help it...she's slowly begun wending her way into my head with big,

soft, liquidy eyes and ever-seeming-so-innocent looks.

And what slowly started off as annoying little screeches have become cute

little meows that I can't seem to get enough of...

Indeed that I"ve perhaps come to crave!

I find myself looking for her approval and ask myself...

Is this healthy?

And...lord help me...that little can of cat-food that she's fed once a

day...

Has now been portionned out ( by me! ) into four mini portions so that she

can have the luxury of eating many meals a day in the company of her doting

humans!

Halp!

I"ve even begun to microwave the second quarter of her can so that she can

have a meal served at room temperature which I know she craves!

Is this normal?

Am I sane?

Please tell me that some of you guys out there do the same thing.

Please tell me that bein pwned by a cat or pet is normal!

:o

gogo

Hilarious story Gogo. I`m not sure this is normal but since when do you not baske in the abnormal? :-D

3 years ago when I broke up with me ex and still lived with her we had a cat named Aza, which means life

in elvish.

My ex never quite liked the cat and amitted openly to that. When we began sleeping in different rooms Aza

only came to my room to sleep and didn`t want to be petted by my ex anymore. A few days after she

started user my ex's bed as her litter. She always went to pee in her bed which drove my ex mad. She then

left the appartment and she asked to keep the cat when she left. But that is another story, lol. Needless to

say I kept the cat.

Once my ex had left the cat kept peeing anywhere but in his litter. He was smelly because he hadn`t been

operated. It came to a point where I couldn`t handle it anymore. It really became a problem.

So one evening, I`m watching the Sopranos, only wearing boxers, drinking a glass of white wine, sitting on

my Ikea chair, no other furniture in the living room (my ex left with it all) but the t.v. set. Aza falls asleep

on my lap and then I start talking to him. I explain to him that he can't keep peeing everywhere like that

otherwise I`ll have to kill him. I cannot give him away, nor let him loose outside (where he`s never been

allowed) and I will never accept that a veterinarian kill him. I`ll have to do it myself if it's my last option.

So there I am, a grown man in his undies, crying his heart out, holding his cat in his arms and asking him

not to pee everywhere anymore. And believe me, the tears were flowing...

Next day, I open the backdoor to my huge balcony in the back. Aza goes out and I leave him there for a

few minutes before leaving for work keeping a close eye on him to make sure he doesn`t go down the

steps. He`s never been allowed that far ever. And what was to happen happened. I assume I shut the door

back and genuinly forgot Aza outside. I came back from work 9 hours later and looked everywhere in the

appartment for Aza. I never saw him again.

Yes my pet, goooood pet. Mwahaha! Now you have him. *pets cat and chuckles evoly* Soon my little one he will be taking you out for walks. Hahaha! /devil

Oh I remember the days you thought of her as a rodent. Now look at you. Cooing at her so that you can here her meow and carrying her around the appartment. Wahaha! /rofl

Oh and... Your roomie has a name. /rolleyes

Very sad story there rookie. Man, I go insane whenever my cat gets outside and disappears for a while. She sometimes hops out my window when I'm not looking. Just a couple days ago she got out and after much searching I discovered tha poor girl up a tree, lol. She must have gotten chased up the tree by the local male cat looking for a mate. /lmao

Oh GoGo!! Thats one spoilt cat! warmed up cat food /lmao soon she will be demanding fillet steak with mushrooms and a glass of red...but eh why the hell not :o

Oh Blue...your post brought a tear to my eye...but maybe my story of my old cat will bring a smile to your face.

Well I haven't had a pet for a while now....apart from some hens and rather too many cockrels...oh and some ferrets and my ex's dog!

But before I lived with my ex I shared a house with a mate of mine called Martin...a petless house until one day this beautiful cat appeared in the kitchen...I turned around and there he was, just sat there. He had come in through the open door and was sunning himself on the doormat!

Suffice it to say I introduced myself to him....you must always make an introduction to your house guests no?...invited or not...he was a friendly cat...a bit smelly but nice enough...I had a coffee and a smoke and the cat had some ham and milk. This routine went on for quite a while....the cat would appear....snuzzle up round whoevers ankle was free and then get fed.

We had asked around to see if anyone had lost a cat...even phoned the RSPCA to see if he was reported missing....nope...nobody knew where he came from. So there we are... we all ended up sharing a house...the cat moved in!...He decided that he would rotate sleeping in rooms round the house. Sometimes I would wake to find him sleeping on my bed or sometimes my house mate Martin would wake and find him in his room. We fitted a cat flap for him so he could come and go as he pleased.

He was an amazing cat so beautiful cat....off he'd go at night doing his cat stuff...he was an intact male so he did come back smelly and sleepy quite a lot....attack his cat nip toys and then crash out. Luckily though he was extrememly well behaved int he house!

This cat totally pawned everyone who met him...freinds would bring him treats he got tons of treats from us and was generally utterly spoilt....he would even wait until I was sat in a certain chair and leap up curling himself on my shoulder and using his claws till he was comfortable :o then lay there purring and sucking my hair ;) Yeah I know it's gross /lmao but he was soooo cute!!

My ex had this small dog though which kind of got right on Georges nerves ( thats what we called the cat in the end, Gorgeous George)...the ex and the dog came on the scene a long while after the cat appeared...lol Poor George! Anyways the dog (Tim) had this habit of erm trying to have piggy back rides from George....well you can imagine the madness this caused....and George always won! /viking

Eventually I moved cities and I had to leave George behind /cry he belonged really to the house...plus the dog drove him insane. (I cried sooo much leaving that damn cat behind but knew Martin loved him and he was happy!...hell he had a cat hotel why wouldn't he be happy) I'd go visit my mate Martin and George whenever I was back in my home town.!...I could tell though that George was happy I never took the dog along to visit! /lmao

Me and my mate George

awww love is in the air /wub /wub /wub

actually I have a bunny rabbit that I cant get enough of :P

when not at work it follows me EVERYWHERE

it sleeps on my bed with me , when I get up to go to the toilet sometimes it actually follows and waits at the door ^_^

its nice to have an animal to love as it can take alot of stress off of daily problems :D

Yup, that's one cute wimp...

/innocent

:o /cry I don't think I'll let my wife read that your Blue...

A few months after we got married my wife & I decided to get a pair of kittens from a pet store - Smokie & Kipper (Kipper, unfortunatley we don't ahve any pics of Smokie online). They got on really well with each other & soon pwn'd us. Smokie was my cat & Kipper was my wife's. Smokie was the most gorgeous grey Tabby, really friendly, loved being picked up (by me) & having her tummy stroked, loved being stroked by just about anybody. She used to come upstairs & sit next to me on the bed in the morning before I got up for work & pur at me (Stroke me bitch!), she loved sitting on my pc monitor & finding new high places to get to.

After a year or so Smokie started getting a bit skanky so we took her to the vet (yay for pet insurance) & gave her some pills & she got better. Then every so often she would start to get a bit worse again, we'd give her some more pills & she'd get better (etc). Then ~ two years ago or so she got an ear infection & we had to give her more pills & stick her in the downstairs loo (a quiet dark place where she could sleep till she felt better, which she did). A year & a half ago we thought she had the ear infection again (Sunday morning) 'cause she fell off my monitor (which she liked sitting on 'cause it's nice & warm), so we put her in the downstairs loo with some water, a cushion & litter. A few hours later we heard Kipper opening the door & went downstairs & Smokie was dead.

After a few months we got Gizmo.

Awwww. I dont think you are crazy... Maybe a little over-loving... but how can that be a bad thing when we are always surrounded with so much hate?

When my ex and I moved intogether (before we were ex's) we got two gorgeous little cats... Diego and Layla... They were very well taken care of, fed watered and cuddled constantly. Perhaps a little too much cos they became attention addicts. But they were so sweet... When we broke up we moved into seperate bedrooms and the poor kittens... spent all night running between my bed and my ex's so much that both of us swore that any time we woke up during the nights both kittens were asleep with us.

Eventually I moved out into a new apartment, and my ex kept the kittens. Then he decided they were too much of a responsibility. It breaks my heart, but he gave them away. But apparently they went to a little girl of about ten who kept their names and kept them together and was very excited to have them. So at least they are getting piles of attention. They are super super cute little cats....

Its not weird to get atttatched and obsessed with them.

And hot cat food is yummy for them. Or warm water with a teaspoon of milk (cos they shouldnt drink much milk...)

Cats rule!