HELP! - Fight stick controller for Sacred 2 Characters?

Hi all, I am wondering if I would be able to use a fight stick controller to control the game characters of sacred 2. Would this work? I am simply looking for a better and easier way for me to be able to play the game on my PC. Holding down the left click on my mouse makes my hands tense up a bit, sadly I have arthritis, and I am not going to let such a matter get in the way or prevent me from being able to play sacred 2 gold, simply becuae it's not  avialable for the PS3 or the XBOX 360 and as far as I know and am aware of, none of the new consoles either. I doubt that anyone is ever going to release the gold edition for these consoles and that simply is not right or fair. Just my personal feelings on the matter and I apologise, should that offend anyone, no offence is meant.

I so want to play the game, but every time I try using my mouse to control my character, that is when my hands start to tense up. Does anyone have any other alternative ways for me to be able to play this game. Please, please, can anyone help? I love sacred 2 so much and I should be able to play the gold edition on my computer. Any tips or dvice would be so truly appreciated, thank you.

7 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Hi all, I am wondering if I would be able to use a fight stick controller to control the game characters of sacred 2. Would this work? I am simply looking for a better and easier way for me to be able to play the game on my PC. Holding down the left click on my mouse makes my hands tense up a bit, sadly I have arthritis, and I am not going to let such a matter get in the way or prevent me from being able to play sacred 2 gold, simply becuae it's not  avialable for the PS3 or the XBOX 360 and as far as I know and am aware of, none of the new consoles either. I doubt that anyone is ever going to release the gold edition for these consoles and that simply is not right or fair. Just my personal feelings on the matter and I apologise, should that offend anyone, no offence is meant.

I so want to play the game, but every time I try using my mouse to control my character, that is when my hands start to tense up. Does anyone have any other alternative ways for me to be able to play this game. Please, please, can anyone help? I love sacred 2 so much and I should be able to play the gold edition on my computer. Any tips or dvice would be so truly appreciated, thank you.

I used this Nostromo N52 and was so proud of it when the game came out 

41JRDZSJTPL._SX425_.jpg

:dance:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

I don't know how to do this myself but hopefully one of these topics will lead you to the right place:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/828933455689076677

https://www.rewasd.com/community/config/sacred-2-controller-support/8af027bfbf14b08d03f28bb38307bf11

It seems you would need some kind of third party program that would allow the game to communicate with your controller.

• Appreciation 1
17 hours ago, Kyosai7 said:

I'd love a good controller set up, myself. I have no idea why they didn't just patch in the console controls/interface on the PC version.

Thank you Kyosai7, for the comment, that's a great name by the way and I agree, I do not know why someone does not do a patch on the PC version so that a PC/XBOX 360 controller would work.

13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I used this Nostromo N52 and was so proud of it when the game came out 

41JRDZSJTPL._SX425_.jpg

:dance:

gogo

Thank you Gogo, this looks promissing, I will take a look to see if I can find one on ebay. I would appreciate though if you can tell me how this device works, if you can, just to help me better appreciate of what it can do.

Edited by SheHawk
13 hours ago, Flix said:

I don't know how to do this myself but hopefully one of these topics will lead you to the right place:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/828933455689076677

https://www.rewasd.com/community/config/sacred-2-controller-support/8af027bfbf14b08d03f28bb38307bf11

It seems you would need some kind of third party program that would allow the game to communicate with your controller.

Thank you Ben that though seems a little complicated, I have Sacred 2 gold via GOG.com While I am sure these solutions may work, I will reserve this possable solution if the device gogo mentioned is not up to what I hope it can do. I really appreciate though sincerely so, your advice. If the app itself is easy to use, that will be a different thing entirely and that is if for me; if it is easy, the downside to being learning disabled is that what seeems and is easy for some people is not always easy for me.

11 hours ago, lujate said:

You can do it with a Steam controller or any pc controller with a 3rd party app.   I've tried it and found it unacceptable. There's no way to get left and right movement, which is something you expect from a controller. The best you can do is rotate the camera left and right.

Well, I have found with sacred 2, on the consoles and on the PC game, that camera rotation is not needed too much, with the settin gof the camera to follow in the game options, as the character turns so does the camera, I find this function so fantastic, it helps me to be able to focus on the game better without having to fiddle about with the camera and yuo certainly do not want ot need that while in the middle of a battle. I knwo what third pary means, as my controllers for my PS3 and XBOX 360 are 3rd party, designed with ergonomic design and functions, which helps my hands imensley, sorry if I am spelling that word wrong, (Ergonomic) but I hope you know what I mean?