Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

I've found an elite? that is extra powerful on the map near the capital of the Fractured Peaks (starts with K is it Korvastad?).  Since that's a beginning area I've always lost to it with my druid and now my barbarian.  I'm pretty sure it's not just a regular elite as those run of the mill I don't have to chain drink potions to live.  When I get more powerful I should return to see how it goes.  I'm barely geared up at this point.  And I am happy I didn't lose my game progress when I crashed.

• Like! 1

Is it an elite in the new season, or an elite that was there before? I don't recall running into anything especially powerful near Kyvoshad in my regular game, I might try and find that elite again that killed me so many times yesterday, I am wondering if it is some special boss.

43 minutes ago, lujate said:

Que seraphim, seraphim.  

:lol:

Lujate, my moms leaving tommorrow and me eyes are healing up from the laser last thursday...i will be trying to play this week... im also behind on season two, but i LOVE the ice shards build i was running in Start Game Eternal,  we could team up whenever you want and get you through comp a la Bandito!

:mafia:

gogo

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

:lol:

Lujate, my moms leaving tommorrow and me eyes are healing up from the laser last thursday...I will be trying to play this week... im also behind on season two, but I LOVE the ice shards build I was running in Start Game Eternal,  we could team up whenever you want and get you through comp a la Bandito!

:mafia:

gogo

I appreciate the offer, but no thank you.  I knew from the beginning that D4 seasons wouldn't be a big thing for me.  They'll require more time than I'm willing to devote, and will consist of rushing thru and grinding content.  Neither rushing nor grinding are for me.  I'm guessing I'll have the campaign done before season 2 starts (I already have two acts complete), so I can dabble in that season.

:lujate:

• Appreciation 1

I've been offline for a bit - we're doing some chores around the house which means that we're sleeping in our home office for a bit until the paint smell from our bedroom has gone.

Aside from that I seem to have caught quite the cold, making me lie on the couch and watch movies instead. :lol:

May be back this weekend, or the weekend after this one. Do not plan to play much during the week.

• Like! 1
On 7/25/2023 at 7:20 AM, lujate said:

I appreciate the offer, but no thank you.  I knew from the beginning that D4 seasons wouldn't be a big thing for me.  They'll require more time than I'm willing to devote, and will consist of rushing thru and grinding content.  Neither rushing nor grinding are for me.  I'm guessing I'll have the campaign done before season 2 starts (I already have two acts complete), so I can dabble in that season.

:lujate:

Dabble away mon amis! This game is perfect for that, its why I love it...there always seems to be a season or a new mechanic... easy to pick up and get into

:)

gogo

On 7/28/2023 at 5:26 AM, Timotheus said:

I've been offline for a bit - we're doing some chores around the house which means that we're sleeping in our home office for a bit until the paint smell from our bedroom has gone.

Aside from that I seem to have caught quite the cold, making me lie on the couch and watch movies instead. :lol:

May be back this weekend, or the weekend after this one. Do not plan to play much during the week.

ahhh, summer paint smells... best way to air everything out, but at the cost of some summer days :blink: . Hoping the Reno is still on track.. for me thats the biggest challenge as Im not by nature a workish handy person for home stuffs :lol: 

I myself had to pull out of the game because of my new Lazer Ballz (double eye surgery... woooo I can see! :dance: ) but as soon as that D4 wind blows and the blurry bits sharpen up, Sanctuary awaits!

:bounce:

gogo

I've finally found all of the Altars of Lilith!  I started searching the map unassisted in Fractured Peak.  But there were some I couldn't find so I found an online map (polygon site) where you could zoom in and out and I found the missing ones.  Same for Scosglen I found as many as I could and then resorted to map.  At first I was riding my horse to the sites.  By the time of the last three areas: dry steppes, Kehjistan, and Swampland I only used the map but I didn't use the horse I actually hacked and slashed en route to each altar.  I'm now level 50 and hoping when this character rolls back to Eternal at the end of the season that these altars will transfer to my druid:)  Next up is to clear WT2 and advance to WT3.  Then I want to complete the malignant quest line in WT3.  I play usually in the evening of Eastern Standard time (GMT - 5).  Message me if you need someone to help get past some content.

• Respect! 1

I've actually been enjoying D3 on my Switch lately. The lady likes me chilling on the couch, and I have to admit, it's still a pretty good gaming experience. Maybe - if the rumours are anything to go by - should a Switch 2 come out next year, I'll have to look into whether D4 will be playable on it. If it will be, I'm really tempted. Still looking at an Asus ROG Ally as well...

Anyway, I will give a heads-up when I'll fire up D4 again. Maybe next weekend. :)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

heyaaaaaaaa y,all!
Anyone at home today playing ? Ever since I had my eyez LazerBalled! :blink: I was away from screengames buuuuut... got a tummy ache today and decided to take the day off ... im playing in non season, level 75 just messing around with quests and killing fun stuff

:D

gogo

NIce find! 

Real life has intervened, and I went weeks without playing.  I played a bit last weekend.  I decided to park my Druid for a while (L50-ish on Act 3).  I dabbled a bit, and ended up starting a fire Sorc.

• Appreciation 1

In the game time I've had lately I have only been playing some CS2 bot matches (just to get a feel for the new visuals and setup - CS is for when I only have an hour or so to kill so I play bot matches to chill) and I have really enjoyed picking up Project Zomboid again. I have given up playing seasonal content, will just be playing Eternal Realm. I do not have the time to invest and so far the content seems really mid-tier.

Will give a shout when I'm back in D4!

• Appreciation 1
On 10/2/2023 at 3:21 PM, Timotheus said:

Going online for an hour or 2, maybe less, up early in the morning sooo...

@lujate Thanks! its my first one in a while, when i was playing non stop before I think i picked up two pieced two up... check out my gauntlets for my ice build!!

IMG_8191.jpg

missed ya Timo! but i love how the way you said youre gonna stay in Eternal Realm... i guess in a way if we do that... then this is kind of like War Craft with friends no?
woooooooooooooo... 

Im thinking of staying in eternal as well and just wait to see what happens to our builds as the seasons pass for others... I guess I can just keep my created sorc and and then change my gear set ups to new builds...and... theres always gonna be new content

• Like! 1

Im able to weather Torment 4 levels AAAAaaand... doing nightmare level22! wooooo slowly starting to collect ancestral uniques only ...just got these awesome gloves... will keep them on hand for a fireball sorc one day ?

IMG_8236.jpg

4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Those modifiers rolled pretty low though. I guess it's good to keep if you don't have anything else but in general the rolls are below average.

Ahhh, Timo...THANK YOU! youre just the friend for this :D ... Yah, switching builds for me so much is gonna be a hard job, too much equipment to find... i wanted to know if you could help me with my wand choices for my current build? Im running a ice shards..i got that really cool occulus wand up at top BUT..i just had a sick drop ...ancestral but not really a unique...but the stats are kind of interesting..  

The Base Damage of the occulus wand is a full 500 points higher than the base damage of this new wand im using ...but while the base damage of the occlus wand is higher.. it doesnt seem to kill as quickly when im using the other wand .. ideas? I always thought base damage would win out...but.. the kill speed of the non occulus wand seems faster

non occulus with seeming to be faster kill speed: Attack Power 3112

IMG_8245.jpg

Occulus wand wand with higher base damage but seeming slower kill speed ? Attack Power 3565

IMG_8162.jpg

Ice Shards is a core skill, and I'm fairly certain it chills enemies. Simply put, the modifiers on your legendary wand give you a 28% damage boost on the first hit of Ice Shards, and even more with successive hits (I have no idea how the multipliers are implemented - it could be 28.5+17.2% increase or they could be applied as separate factors). That probably outweighs the base damage boost from your unique wand. Also, none of the modifiers on your unique wand increase damage dealt, whereas literally all of the modifiers on your legendary wand do.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Ice Shards is a core skill, and I'm fairly certain it chills enemies. Simply put, the modifiers on your legendary wand give you a 28% damage boost on the first hit of Ice Shards, and even more with successive hits (I have no idea how the multipliers are implemented - it could be 28.5+17.2% increase or they could be applied as separate factors). That probably outweighs the base damage boost from your unique wand. Also, none of the modifiers on your unique wand increase damage dealt, whereas literally all of the modifiers on your legendary wand do.

K, when you put it that way.. it makes more sense... though I still dont get how five hundred points more base data is still getting smoked by those other modifiers...its weapon damage calculations that make me go mad... i keep wishing that a static number could just tell me whether its the "right' choice or not, but every once in a while you get a wand like that that just shines in actual use.

Thanks Timo :thumbsup:

So I guess... when were looking for gear... if theres four stats...you want three of them to be VERY good and the fourth can be something we are going to use the Occulist with to "adjust"... with LOTS of gold

:oooo:

gogo

Where do you get the 500 damage points difference from? The base DPS differs only 139? Or is the difference 500 when equipped?

2 min later: Nevermind, you mean the attack power difference. I have no idea how that works...

5 min later: Did some digging, still don't get it.

Attack power: A rough evaluation of the total damage you deal based on your weapons damage and speed

From what I'm reading here and there it looks like attack power is only useful for melee characters? And it does not seem to take into account any modifiers like Crit, +dmg, etc.

• Appreciation 1
4 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Where do you get the 500 damage points difference from? The base DPS differs only 139? Or is the difference 500 when equipped?

2 min later: Nevermind, you mean the attack power difference. I have no idea how that works...

5 min later: Did some digging, still don't get it.

From what I'm reading here and there it looks like attack power is only useful for melee characters? And it does not seem to take into account any modifiers like Crit, +dmg, etc.

hmmmm... you think it could be like a chance to hit... like in Sacred 2?

:blink: 

gogo

ps okaay... let me go researching this now as well