Snip and Squirt Spaghetti Sauce

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

hahahh, this may sound like a pretty weird post...but I just love food and this most marvellous thing just happenned.

Spaghetti is a great thing. It lends itself well to a great balance of tradition and imagination.

And sometimes it seems like it's imagination that holds it all together :bounce:

I just made a big batch of the gogo secret surprise sauce that shows up here, oh, like let's say once every two weeks. And...when I was making it, realized that..oh no!...

I had not salt

I had no sugar.

And...the sauce was well into it's process of suffusion (mmm..that yummy part where the flavors all marry marvelously well)!

So, in a frantic panic I ran over to the emergency sauces drawer...lol, the one where I keep all the packets of extra (*innocent* ) ketchup and mustard scavenged from late night raids at mcdonalds. Extra packs of crushed chilli asked for in a sweet voice to the operator on the other end of my emergency late night pizza delivery service...and the extra packs of spicy hot sauce, plum sauce AND soya sauce...

-Extra hot sauce on the side please...lots!

-Extra costs more sir...

-Well...the last time I ordered the nice lady said it was free...

-ugh

-and lots of extra soy and plum too okay? And all on the side, don't ferget that...all on the side

-more sauces? what are you doing, selling it?

-well, I just like sauces...sawwwweeee...and make sher you send it..last time they forgot...what is your name btw?

-*hugely audible gasp*

-I"m sorry...I didn't quite undestand that

... ;)

...half an hour later...delivery with a plethora of FREE sauces!

lol, anyway...finding myself in this emergency quandary of having no salt and sugar on hand to delicately season my secret special...I quickly reached into the drawer, plucked out a package of soya and a package of plum.

Snip...squirt...Soya...yum!

Snip...squirt...Plum...yum!

And so the secret sauce was saved..

till next time folks

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Funnily enough, I'm a huge fan of sweet and spicy. My mom used to put ketchup into the sauce as a secret ingredient and now I crave a good sweet hit in a lot of the spaghetti sauces I make.

:)

gogo

Yeah. Same problem, I like any sauce as long as there is a tin of tomatoes in it - same for curries.

Gogo if you want to kick up your sauce a notch chop up VERY finely some jalapeño pepper depending on the amount of sauce probably one small one ( remember scrap out the seeds and get rid of them) and have garlic bread handy yum yumstirthepot.gif

jalapeno pepper?

believe it or not, even that's not hot enuff :drunkards:

I use crushed chillies which literally coat the top of my sauce with. muhahahah

I honestly have to dig down deep through the layers of cruched dried chillies to get to the spag and sauce.

Deeeeeeeeelish!

:whistle:

gogo

p.s. toasted garlic bread with pasta...why do I keep fergetting about these all important things! :blush:

o.k. then gogo I guess your one of those guys who can eat a jalapeno pepper as a snack and not have his eye's watering. *lol* So then take my last post and replace the jalapeno with a Habanero pepper 26512533290.gif

Serrano or chiptle or chile de arbol or hot red japanese peppers.

All hotter than the infamous jalapeño but not as hot as habañero.