Holidays are good, work is bad

It was nice and quiet. Peacefully awakening to the sound of the ocean.

Here's some pics of our recent holiday 12 Nov - 29 Nov.

clikear

Google earth users

Oyster Bay : 34 09' 58.00" S 24 38' 58.00" E

at about 40 Km elevation, you can see the area we covered

Guest gogoblender

The pics are awesome Scleameth and as usualy, you have shown yer flair for great images.

lol, lookin at the water, beach and mountains...scuze me if I'm jealous.

Ahh, traveling...gift of the gods.

Bet yer photo album is chock full after this holiday escape

:whip:

gogo

Yeah, it was really a great time ! I have loads of pics, but I realized that I need to invest in a good camera very soon.

I was thinking about Sony H2, but if anyone here has reason to advise me otherwize, please gimme yer input !

That place looks awesome, I hope you had a good time. About the camera, there are a ton of choices in that class of camera, but the H2 is highly recommended on digital photography review, which is really saying something because Phil Askey is a very picky man. Its a site aimed at professional photographers, and is very reputable. So what other cameras are you looking at? If you're considering entry level SLRs, take a look at the Pentax K10D, which is what I would buy if I had any cash, or the Nikon D40, which looks like it could be the most affordable SLR around.

Thanks for yer input Cth !

I'm gonna do some reading and comparing here... As everyone does : I'm looking for the best deal at the lowest possible price :) ahhh I wish I had dear ol' Mr. Gates' wallet for one day ! :blink:

Yeah I know what you mean, wish I had some of that cash too :drinks:

Take a look at that site, and do some research to find out what you want / need in a camera. Maybe set out a narrow price range and investigate your options? I think for the price of the H2 you might be entering the realm of entry level DSLR.. which is probably the start of a photography obsession >_< Once you get the body and a lens, you'll be looking for more and more lenses...

Great pics Scleameth. And a great lookin couple you two make. :)

Oh and nice flashy new sig there. Cool what you did combining the Cobra and Decepticons symbol. Nice! :drinks:

@Cth - Thanks again, I've never been the one with my camera in everyones' face, but I saw this holiday that a good quality camera is essential. I guess an entry level SLR will do. I've seen some test pics of various 6Mp cameras and it certainly looks to be more than what I require.

@whoop - Oyster bay (the one we visited) is in the Eastern Cape province in South Africa (I live in the Gauteng province). It's a very beautiful place, but actually so is the rest of South Africa (if you stay away from the cities !)

@Schot - The symbol is actually not my work :crazy: I cut it from a comic book cover of GI Joe vs. Transformers... but by accident I got the font to turn out sort of military-style which fits in with GI Joe ? hehehe, I'm basically entering Transformers-mode now with the movie release date creaping closer

:):drinks::mafia: