worst day of my life!!!

well today has been interesting I must say,

after skidding on black ice on the way to work this morning and almost colliding with a brik wall I knew it was going to be one of those days.

got to the recording studio and everything was already for the days 3 sessions. first sessions was fine second session came in we got half way through recording and there was a power surge. this caused the mixing desk adn speakers to blow up. the speakers actually caught light and has small flames inside them. the board started smoking and thats £1.5 million woth of equipment up in smoke. yeah great... jsut waht I need the day before my birthday, now I have to do a full report into what happened why none of the powersurge prevention methods worked and get the insurance people int o asses the costs fo repairing or replacing the mixing desk!

and being manager of 4 studio's but being solely responsible for this one I had to re-arrange the diaries of all the studios so that 4 studio's work can be done in 3 recording studio's and I've got to get as much sorted by christmas as possible. and need the studio fully operational by the 10th of january at the latest... so today has jstu been the worst day of my life because its so so so so so so so so stressfull and I just want to relax on my birthday not spend the whoel day dealing with insurance companies and my bosses at virgin records. ah well could ahve been worse could have blown up 4 weeks ago before the busiest time in the studio calender.

anyway thats my crappy day!

eeek....sounds truely horrible Dan!

I hope whatever happens you DO get a good birthday at the end of the day!

We'll stock the bar here and get the Faerie in her best party frock and ready and waiting for you!

Chin up Dan :)

:drinks::hugs::drinks:

Awh Dan. That sounds really bad. :drinks:

Don't you have some assistants? You just need to delegate. Haha. Wishful thinking here...

Have courage my friend. Am glad to read that you didn't end up kissing that brick wall. Big WHEW! to that. I'll be hoping that the phone calls and paper work will go fast for you.

Let us know how the whole crappy thing is going. :drinks:

well the problem is I have subordinates, but I'm the manager and have to therefore take responsibility for that studio which is the one I was suposed to run in the first place but then kinda temp run it and do the admin for other studio's but only I can deal with it.

but if I could delegate it I would :drinks:

but yeah I'll keep you all updated by posting here whats happening.

sorry to hear about problems ar work :drinks:, but good think that you didnt kill yourself in to the brick wall :drinks:, and dont worry, you still young, so you will have lots of those bad days, but all those accidents just makes life more real?. you can feel that you doing something, not just going to work, killing 8 (or so)hours and thats it. action is good, it makes us think and feel better

and nice hof by the way

:drinks::hugs::)

Hope today goes better Dan - and you can get it sorted....as much as you can :drinks:

Take it easy and try not to stress. I know easier said than done tho!!

All the best

Aur

well I spent myu brithday 21st talking to the insurance people and had the big bosses down. and even old dickie branson popped in for 20 minutes or so to see what had happened, and I had to start sorting everything out and finding what still worked and what didn't so that involved sorting out all the equipemtn in the studio myself. seeing as I've closed it to everyone else.

22nd dismantled the entire sound board, took it apart pannel by pannel and had to take a photo of each pannel and then send them to the insurance companies and my bosses, 2 pannels had actually melted due to the surge and looked rater interesting. I also managed to give myself a nice electric shock from a capacitor!! don't touch them... they hurt (luckily was a low voltage one so didn't hurt too much) now the baor is in pieces it means that today I've now gotto do a few simplistic electrical tests on a few of the pannels to see what extent the damage has caused. not 100% sure what I'm doing but I have instructions. :D

then at the end of today if I've done everything I'll be finished for christmas and then I'll await the test results from the surge protectors which I sent off and then I can compile a report. and hopefully get everything back up and running asap because time is limited in studio's and it could prove to be rather costly if I don't get everything operation again.

oh and I finally got round to picking up my pay slip. and I'm loving my christmas bonus :) £1200 and if I get a top 40 record out this christmas it will increase after christmas, but we'll have to wait and see :drinks:

anyway I'll keep ou all up to date with whats happening.

ok well its been confirmed that the surge protectors were faulty and we won't have to claim on our general insurance. the makers of teh surge protectors are having to use their insruance whichis on all products up to the cost of £10million that are connected to it. I've compiled the report into the incident and its 37 pages long. a new desk is being built over the week and a half following christmas and work starts on wednesday so it means I'm getting a brand new. top of the range mixer which means we've got to have a 4 day training session on it for all the staff, its only an upgrade of the old board but its more advanced. ah well maybe something good did come out of it!

but theres stil lots of questions being asked but I think this is the last post I will make here about the subject. I'm tired and cranky but at least I can now enjoy christmas without knowing theres lots of work that I have to do!