Cheesy Caramelized Chicken

An online friend of mine posted this in her journal several months ago. It sounded tasty, so I decided to make it for Ankh and me one evening. It turned out great, so I thought I'd share it here with you guys! :sick:

Cheesy Caramelized Chicken

Ingredients:

4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

3 tbls butter or margerine

3 tbls brown sugar

1/4 cup water

1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken (breast pieces or thighs work best)

basil

dash of salt

harvarti cheese

*tomato slices

In a medium hot skillet, sautee garlic in butter until garlic appears transparent. Add brown sugar and mix well, letting it all melt together. Sprinkle salt over uncooked chicken pieces (if using breasts, cut into quarters). Add chicken to brown sugar mixture and let cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water, turn heat down to medium. Flip chicken, cover the pan, and let cook for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken over, cover, and cook for 4 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle basil over the chicken pieces and cover with slices of harvarti. Turn off heat, replace cover, and let the cheese melt.

*The original recipe called for tomato slices on top of the chicken (over the basil, under the cheese). Since we don't like tomatoes, we leave that part out. :D

I usually serve this with rice... the sauce tastes quite yummy smothered over it!

:sick::D:sick:

Ate something similar as xmas dinner, althou it was a turkey (first time ive tasted it), stuffed lots of fruit etc. We deicided to repeat it next year :hugs:

Guest gogoblender

wowoah!

Kelyndras this is THE coolest food name idea I've seen in years.

Cheesy...Caramelized...Chicken

alliterative poetry that brings tingles to me tummy.

Bravo on this on

I'll be makin this this week...

havarati cheese?

hah, seriously...I never thought that domestic foods could have such flair. Meat with sweet accents like this is almost on the level of Thai foods with their many levels of flavoring.

I"m curious, is the flavor as "complex" as Ankhanu likes it?

:mafia:

gogo

Yup, pretty much what Ankh said... it's a buttery, soft cheese somewhere between cheddar and swiss. Alternately, you could use swiss or cheddar on this dish, but I think the mildness of the harvarti lends itself well to the other flavours.