Wedding Invitation

Ok some background first. My marriage would take place in Davao City which is around 900 kilometers south of Manila.

I don't know if this is a cultural thing or universal but I've been hearing that couples about to get married agree that they would prefer "cash" gifts instead of the more traditional alliances, linens. etc. In our case cash gifts would also be the best since we are going to settle in Manila after our wedding. What is the best and most polite way to write in the invitation that we would prefer cash gifts?

I think it is something that is becoming popular all over tbh Cyc's. Instead of enclosing a 'present list' I know ppl often get them prepared by X store if that makes sense. So Instead maybe in the invitation make a special insert saying that instead of a list you are requestion that people might like to offer cash instead. Make them feel they have a choice though...and for that extra special touch maybe have a special envelope printed up? or make one...or something? I haven't a clue if that is what you are thinking and :D not having been in that position I have no experience of it. Though I think if I had something like this from a friend or relative I wouldn't feel put out and would be happy to stuff a cheque or some cash in it :P

Hope that helps a little cyc's :P

Our wedding invitation was something like :

We already have a toaster, fridge, cutlery, bowls, pans, linen... etc. We'd really like some cash to enjoy our honeymoon ! But if you intended to buy us a Ferrari, that would be just fine !

A lot of people raise this issue about trying to be polite, but I think that these days everybody understands that cash is the preferred option, so being blunt about it shouldn't really offend anybody.

Guest gogoblender

wow, tuff call here cykes.

IT's like you wanna be polite but at the same time I guess you have to be realistic.

I think for some of the weddings I've been to it's usually procedure to call the groom and/or bride in advance and ask them what they want and/if they have a registry.

Course...this puts the important part of the whole deal on yer guests and if they're not insightful enough into today's new traditions they may end up gettin you that seventh toaster.

owch

:blink:

gogo

Hey Cyclops,

Why not start up a bridal registry and just put gifts you want on a list and post it out with invites!!

You could also include cash in the registry, this way they know its what you want without being rude.

Hope this helps! :drinks: