God Powers

In my opinion Godpowers should be in a way that a player is considering to take Divine Devotion to use them regulary.

I think Philios with Redemption is on the right way.

We don't want all the godpowers the same, so how to boost the others?

One of my thoughts was adding magic find. Perhaps adding chance_loot? If a god power has damage ticks, will it be triggered each tick? So while the godpower is up there is a chance that each corpse will have a chance for a second drop?

Sorry for not pitching in earlier.

So far I've only tried Redemption and Might, both are very helpful and could be a central part of a build with something else. Carrion Vine, Charged Bolt and Salvation all seem like they could follow in the same footsteps since they're all pretty cool on paper and are dynamic enough to have a role. I guess that it's with Cleansing that you're out of luck in that respect.

The main problem with using God Powers as the main aspect on your build is how they're regulated by Divine Devotion alone, though you've showed that Ancient Magic also has a role for instance. But do other skills interact with powers like Might or Salvation? If not then I guess that the God Powers that are spell based will always be more powerful by definition. Before changing anything I think that what's more important to understand is what skills interact with God Powers, then normalize that for all of them, then balance them, and maybe then do some cosmetics.

I'd love for God Powers to develop further bonuses with growth, but alas I think that's unattainable.

Charged Bolt is basically a better Will-o-Wisp (Testa).

Salvation is basically a better Inspiration (Forens).

Carrion Vine is the real original creation of the whole bunch of D2F Divine Gifts.  With LL% it is very hard to balance but currently capable of destroying a screen full of mobs easily.  I have not spent as much time with it as I'd like but I think it has real potential.

I'm not sure every spell class would accept the et_chance_loot spell token but it could be interesting to try.  It's underused for sure (only appears on Corpse Explosion).

Carrion Vine

Still not really knowing how it works. It seems when casting it everything is tried to be rooted once?

The damage ticks are only working on rooted enemies and as long the root is up?

Root immune enemy classes are not affected at all, ghosts, flying ones, ...?

If the enemies are long enough rooted it is a killer.

Using it:

In arena fights it is luck if the enemies are rooted and it is worth a try, but nothing I would sacrifice a skill.

In the open at large amount of enemies it kills a lot of enemies to be revived when playing a Necromancer.