My comp is sick again...Halp!

gogoblender

noooooooooooo...

I was in msn with three others and...my computer started acting funny...I tried to turn it off with the menu, but the menu wasn't responding properly..

I turned the comp off finally with the manual power switch...

and then tried to turn it back on...

the comp sounded way more quiet than normal...and on screen...black screen with the words soemthing about my system hardware changing or changed or something like that...eeeeeeeeee...

then toggle up /down to pick a hardware profile...eeeeeeee...then press enter...

Course enter doesn't work...

:Just_Cuz_21:

nothing works...no butons nothing..that ominous black screen with the floating billous white words...

I waited whilst I turned on an old lap top I found and strarted training it , lol...and then attempted to turn on my main comp...

Hola!

It works...but I hear a weird whirring noise geting slower and slower...got scared and turned it off...

halp...

halp!

:cow_white:

gogo

I agree cleaning out the inside is a VERY good idea ! Get a can of compressed air and clean it out. It can't hurt and heat is one of the biggest enemy's of a computera032.gif

Think everyone is spot on -- the power supply fan is usually the loudest noismaker in the case. Sounds like it needs help. Open and clean is a good idea for regular pm (I should follow my own advice and do that to mine tomorrow)