You can only get complete Icons set in bronze...

K, there was a convo goin on in the servers a few days ago that intrigued me. Someone was interested in the Icons set and I forwarded the info that they were great fer split do lots of small hits over and over and also lag hahah.

Also, I said that they were the most ultra rare set items in the game.

Another player on the servers responded that you could pick up the entire set in bronze. And..soemthing about quests...and the he's never found Icons anywhere else THAN in bronze...

Does this make sense?

I've found icons everywhere all over the servers. I also have found that they are so rare that it's always best fer peeps to trade parts of the set so that one person has it for awhile until they get bored of it :oooo:

So a few questions...for a while I'd heard that bronze percentages for good drops exists...

Does this, in turn, have an effect upon the percentage drop of icons?

Did he say that the icons drop so nicely in bronze because percentages for good drops if you can stay in bronze are so good that getting the icons is easier?

Or, is there a quest or quests that I don't know about that give icons to hc players?

Thanks!

:woot:

gogo

I have never had a full icons :oooo: ever but I do see a fair few of them around these days. I knew about the lags but I really have never found a full set. So it would be great to know if there is a questing way to get them though I have never heard of one

rare yep its rare and just as well cos damn it lags the servers :yay: (there is a few sets that realy should have been removed from the game From multiplayer anyway) :D

you can get the icon set on all the servers :) from droppes, quests (rare) cheasts/boxes (this is rare to)

:P:oooo::wow:

I have heard of so many people say that icons can lag the servers like a full orla's can kill one but last night I played with a group of players where I think at least 2 maybe 3 of them were running the Golum Cave up in VoT and the only time I really lagged was when I CTRL + B for a couple of screenies. And I was also using fads which unless I am loosing the plot can also cause lag?

It's really odd to me that icons didn't seem to cause my lag as I know a hc death to a toon occured recently as someone ran through wearing icons :) I don't have the strongest connection by far, sometimes it seems everything and anything can cause me lag but I did find it curious. Unless it was the luck of the Irish.

The bonuses I hear tell of the 'burning feet' actually doesn't seem so great (not ever having had a full icons I can't say myself) but I am curious as to why suddenly there seems to be so many players using them. Is it the graphics effect I wonder? :D It does look pretty but if thats all it does and it does lag out the servers...then why does it seem so popular?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

IMHO the lag issue considered with ICONS and FAD is a little too pronounced.

OK Icons COULD create lag thats true. But a single wood elf will do much more using spiderarrows would make much much more. There are some mods that are really evil lagwise like xx% chanche to drop gold or open wounds.

I never heard that thoose - otherwise by me highly respected players (for ex. ppl at clan DA) would complain against a Glad in Dalmar or a WE using spider arrow or anyone who overspamms thoose hideous mods.

I think the really rareness of ICONS (so not everyone have it) is a part of the problem. (with a little envy maybe). I saw situations too where strongly Fad or Orla hater players (again mostly highly respected ones) performed things, what build up lags more quickly than any Fad or ICONS would do normally.

Of course overusing ICONS and/or Fads isnt only lag related. I must add I dont really like builds where the main usability comes only and really only from the mentioned stuff.

There is that ORLA thing too. Now I think that is really something evil. It creates Lag and more lag and much more lag until it crashes the server. Well considering full orla I am no better than UFO :)

One more word about ICON set. Back at the PLUS days at higher levels almost each player used it. It was much easyer to get a full icons (or more fulls et) than now. But strangely we hadnt too much problem with it.

So either the people changed or Ascaron servers (or both).

In that case if someone would feel herself/himself offended in any way: dont! I didnt mean anything like that.

Hello!

OK Icons COULD create lag thats true. But a single wood elf will do much more using spiderarrows would make much much more. There are some mods that are really evil lagwise like xx% chanche to drop gold or open wounds.

I never heard that thoose - otherwise by me highly respected players (for ex. ppl at clan DA) would complain against a Glad in Dalmar or a WE using spider arrow or anyone who overspamms thoose hideous mods.

I think the really rareness of ICONS (so not everyone have it) is a part of the problem. (with a little envy maybe). I saw situations too where strongly Fad or Orla hater players (again mostly highly respected ones) performed things, what build up lags more quickly than any Fad or ICONS would do normally.

Of course overusing ICONS and/or Fads isnt only lag related. I must add I dont really like builds where the main usability comes only and really only from the mentioned stuff.

There is that ORLA thing too. Now I think that is really something evil. It creates Lag and more lag and much more lag until it crashes the server. Well considering full orla I am no better than UFO :(

One more word about ICON set. Back at the PLUS days at higher levels almost each player used it. It was much easyer to get a full icons (or more fulls et) than now. But strangely we hadnt too much problem with it.

In that case if someone would feel herself/himself offended in any way: dont! I didnt mean anything like that.

Good Post

Rooster has actually just recently posted on this thread in the sif commenting that it's not actually the icons that cause the lag but instead, the splitting

that most people use that cause the lag. Course, with all this goin on , I'm just going to have to try them again now, *Sigh*

However, I do remember that in the old days, LeZababe used to run around with icons on horse against a horde of ravaging daemons.

Glorious sight

Ahh, I miss her

:D

gogo

Hello!

There is that ORLA thing too. Now I think that is really something evil. It creates Lag and more lag and much more lag until it crashes the server. Well considering full orla I am no better than UFO :(

Good Post

Rooster has actually just recently posted on this thread in the sif commenting that it's not actually the icons that cause the lag but instead, the splitting

that most people use that cause the lag. Course, with all this goin on , I'm just going to have to try them again now, *Sigh*

However, I do remember that in the old days, LeZababe used to run around with icons on horse against a horde of ravaging daemons.

Glorious sight

Ahh, I miss her

:D

gogo

Hello :D

Yes I miss Lezababe too. She and her goblins were the main rune providers for my early De's :)

I--------------hiding behind a line---------------------------------------------------I

just a quick note: there isnt (werent) flaming trail while on a horseback :(

I----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I

Edited by Csaszar

I really have to try this flaming feet LOL I htink my vamp would look beautiful blazing her way through the night!

I have still never gotten any lag from other players with them or from fads...the only one that has scared the life out of me was a full orla's but that was arranged so I could see it in action...and wow it's beautiful!...hehe ofc my pc didn't think so..it almost died LOL

Hey :4rofl:

Claire: if you are interested in a wild experimental party (fireworks included) then lets arrange a meeting sometimes in a priv server. I happen to know a person who happens to have a full ICON set - so we could see your vamp:

beautiful blazing her way through the night!