I'm multi-tasking.

Hehe all these talks about fleetsave moonshot whatever bothered me enough that I signed up and play in Uni 29 lol :4rofl: If I can't multi-task it well enough I will give it up (my focus is on imperia).

I didn't take Uni 30 for the 2x speed Uni coz I think I would just get farmed twice as fast lol. :4rofl:

Ok I have been given a planet on the 7th position in the galaxy and only has 163 fields maximum, so how should I use them?

So far I focused on mines.

level 8 metal

level 6 crystal

level 5 Deut

level 9 solar plant

level 2 robot factory

level 1 shipyard

level 1 research lab

the only research I done is

level 1 Energy Tech

Advices from any Ogame expert?

Myles, the beginning planet always has 163 fields. After that it is random . . . and I mean REALLY random. I have gotten planets with 300 fields and ones with 24. Generally I shoot for ~200, just to be safe. Slots 4-6 tend to have bigger planets.

A thing to note about planet slots . . . the closer to the sun, the more energy solar satelites gather, and the less deuterium you harvest. So if you want to have a serious deuterium mine, put it on a slot 13-15 planet (although generally all planets will be pretty well mined).

Look at the Technology tab on the left, it will tell you what you need for various things. The first thing you need is small cargos, so you can go raiding (I) inactive neighbors. See if you can get the necessary techs for 1) small cargo (SC), 2) espionage probe, 3) light fighter (LF), 4) recycler (Rec), and 5) colony ship (in approximately that order). Use solar satelites for additional energy, it is cheaper than solar plants, but they go bye-bye if you are attacked.

You probably also want some defenses, at least enough to keep people from ruthlessly farming you. 100-200 RL and 10-20 HL should be sufficient early on, and a small shield dome if you can manage it.

Use espionage probes to probe players with an (I) or (iI) next to their name in the Galaxy View. You can mouse-over their planet and hit Espionage. Send 3 probes to start and see what it gives you back. You always get the amount of resources, but you want to know Resources, Fleets, and Defenses. If you only get resources, try 5, 7, 9, 11, until you get fleets and defenses. If there are no fleets or defenses, time to farm! Send enough SC to take 1/2 of their total resources . . . the formula for what you take is a little complex, so it is often good to send a few extra cargos, especially if the planet is metal-heavy. Don't send more than 6 attacks against any one planet in a 24-hour period.

In addition, check Galaxy View for debris fields (DF) and send recs to harvest them. To do this, mouse-over the planet with the DF around it and select 'attack,' select your recyclers (1 per 20K of debris) and hit continue then change "planet" in the drop-down to the right of the coordinates to "DF" and hit continue and then check Harvest. If Harvest isn't an option, then you probably didn't change to DF.

As to other research, I like doing a lot of Espionage research. Try to get to 10 as quickly as you can. It makes probing other much easier and it is harder for them to probe you. Armor, weapons, and shields are all important for improving your attacks and defenses (each adds 10% to the base of all of your ships and defenses in their respective categories). Impulse, Combustion, and Hyperspace drives improve the speed of various of your sips (select the drive to see which are affected).

That should get you started! GL!

Myles noooooooooo..not o' crack...no...someonehelp me pull him away...our direst game comes back within the soul of myles...

get the boiling water!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. heh, no seriously Myles, enjoy the game man, there is really nothing else quite like it out there...HUGEly time intensive and as addictive as gambling ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Well now I'm starting to build my fleet to raid. So what's a good fleet for that?

Yes I know it depends, but there's got to be some sort of guideline in general right? I have my heavy cargo to loot k I got that, but what about the rest?

I only have cruiser, heave fighter, and small fighter thus far, do I need to wait for Battleship before I raid? How should I balance the fleet against enemies fleet and defense?

what are you attack fleet or defense?

For defense your cruisers will have rf vs their rl. That is very essential for that part. Heavys don't really have a use in raiding. Light fighters take the hits so you will lose less cruisers. Battleships will help greatly but I see no point in waiting if you can.

Use a converted before all raids to see if the attack is profitable and go for it.

Thx that was helpful, I'm still struggling with this rf thing, what vs what, hopefully I won't have to learn it the hard way. :)

I'm also ready for colonization, but I'm not sure how I should search. Help?

Its probably a bad idea to build my colony around my home galaxy system (there's no slot left anyway). I know I should look for empty 4-6 planet slots, but how far or close should I aim my colony? And what should I load onto my colony ship?

I can see y this game is addictive, who knows gogo I may be hooked too. :paladin:

Fleet: Build your fleet dynamically. Look at what targets are out there and build ships to take on those targets. I would start with small cargos (faster) and LF. Then start adding HF, Cruisers, LC, and eventually a few BS. Probably in that order. Usually you want to go after inactive (I) and (iI) players first. Next you want to watch the players around you and see if any occasionally go (I), which would indicate that they rarely play and can be farmed for resources.

Colonization: You do not load anything onto the cargo ship, it just disappears. There are primarily two ways to go with colonization. First, build all of your colonies together. Second, spread your colonies across some or all nine galaxies. If you want all of your colonies together (usually for creating huge mines), find an out-of-the-way spot in some far-off galaxy and start dumping planets in 4-6 slots in adjacent SS. Usually, you can't do this near your starting colony because the slots are too full. So your home planet and the rest of your colonies end up being separated. If you want your planets spread out, look for locations in other galaxies, or off away from your home planet in the same galaxy. I tended to like to keep my planets away from the edges of teh galaxy so that if I got a moon, my phalanx sensor would not get short-changed. Iw ould avoid putting all of your planets in the same SS number in different galaxies (too easy for someone to find). Anything in a galaxy is the same distance from anything in a different galaxy, regardless of SS number.

Thx Ike.

I don't think I have piffed off anybody enough to be hunted, well not yet. :paladin: But I will keep the advice in mind.

I will spread out and hope for the best. I don't like to turtle on my far off galaxy and hope no one will come bother me. :)