Star Gate

Katran

I have been watching Star Gate for many years and now after 10 years it has ended. :thumbsup: It has been a lot of fun and I would like to shear with you one of the great space battles.

It is from the final episode of season 9. The Ori build activate there supergate and enter our galaxy. The 2 earth ships with a fleet of Jafa mother ships and an Azgard ship tray to stop the attack. Have fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl24LHhVRrs...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBiALNRI9Dk...ted&search=

If you like them I can find others for you.

Awesome!

Kat, I didn't see all of em yet but I'm lookin forward to kickin back with the episode tonight, ty man.

It's funny cuz I kinda liked the movie, but when the series came out I was kinda..hmmm..

anyway I forgot about the series for ever till now.

Thanks fer the post, I'll get back to you on whether I think it's still as hokey as when it first came out.

:)

gogo

My best guess is Gogo that you watched the serise when it came out. The first season or so. I know many people that gave up on but they forget that very few series are good in the first season they get more cash when they take off a bit. You must keep in mind that the movie crushed and burned at the box office and they were taking a big gamble making a series based on a moive that failed. But that it in the past Star Gate SG-1 is the longest runing SF show with 10 years and I have to say on of the best. It had a great plot very cool alliens lots of battle you name it it had it. I cant wait for the movie to come late this year when I will see the real ending of the series and the final outcome of the battle that you saw in the clip. If you get a chance to watch SG-1 do it. You wont regret it.

I still don't get the reverse engineer thing... So they stole a technology that no other intellectual beings currently have? I just don't get that.

Its fun to watch sometimes, but don't you think the humans are a little too invincible in the series? I mean nothing has ever hit them, not a scratch for most episodes.

Still, its sad to see a regular series go poof. :)

I feal the same way and the bad thing is they didnt give the show the end it deserved. The last episodes should have been a lot better. Hope that the two movies that come out late this year will give us all the right end at list the one with the Ori :(

Well

I watched both the episodes and you know... this is gonna sound so awful, but...

man...after galactica...everything just looks so ..tacky?

dunno does this make sense guys?

I'm having a super hard problem now even imagining funny looking aliens since galactica completely re-defined what "alien" means!

And stargate's music kinda sounds a bit like...*looks to make sure bhj isnt around* Enterprise! lol. Galactica has totally contemporary music, wicked beats, middle eastern influences.

I kinda felt when I was watching these star gate epiosdes that I was stuck in a John Williams re run! :)

Kat, this is the part where you and crunchie and everyone else in this series can start throwing sharp pointed objects at me :D

I can see this show's got some great production values, but honestly guys... I'm scared now about sci-fi and what seeing gactica has done to me...

Have I been poisoned?

Halp!

:P

gogo

Gogo you are hideing your age so well from everyone here but I will say this galacitca has a very dark look to it. That is why it hits older people right in the head and makes them love it. Not that I am saying you are old but you have to say any SF on one side[even the original galacitca if you have seen it] and galactica on the other galactica will win against all in the category of dark sacary real life feal to a S.F. show. Dont get me wrong I love BG and watch it all the time but I do love some good old fashioned S.F. from time to time not all the time we are going to die we are going to die that BG brings.

P.S.: BG has FTL drives but no lasers :P

hahah, yeah...I think it's my suspension of belief thing that's failing me. Alas, after BG did that incredible head trip on me I just...keep seein zippers on the backs of aliens everytime I see a blue dude with antennae!

gogo

p.s. re: no lasers but ftl...me thinks the time is quickly arriving for a get down and dirty die hards BG thread!

hahah, yeah...I think it's my suspension of belief thing that's failing me. Alas, after BG did that incredible head trip on me I just...keep seein zippers on the backs of aliens everytime I see a blue dude with antennae!

gogo

Now I remeber what you mean you are talking about the azgards alien in the SG episodes that you so.

I have to say I really think that in BG the centurions look very very low quality made.

k, I SO don't mean to make another off topic post BUT...kat I TOTALLY agree with you that they LOOK kinda cheap animated...but did you know that that particular look was PURPOSEFULLY done?

When they originlly animated the cylons they were too "smooth" and "swanky"

lol, one of the guys who was in charge of final edits says that when they first saw the cylon done with the smoothest animation available, they looked...all laughed,and dropped it cuz they said it made the Cylon move like a slinky cocktail waitress!

gogo

p.s. SO sorry to go offtopic here...but kat, you started this :)

We need to have a good old S.F. topic Gogo when we can talk about all that comes to mind and vent ourself. We may even learn something LOL

I didnt know that about the first cylons.

P.S.:Gogo you are the forum God and I am your loyal slave. Wit your godly powers we can go off topic. :P

P.S.S.:I didnt start it you did: Post number7 by Gogoblender

I can see this show's got some great production values, but honestly guys... I'm scared now about sci-fi and what seeing gactica has done to me...

a good old fashioned sci fi thread sounds good ta me...

I'll check through some of the old threads here and see about resurrecting one of your old galactica threads?

Sound good?

gogo

a good old fashioned sci fi thread sounds good ta me...

I'll check through some of the old threads here and see about resurrecting one of your old galactica threads?

Sound good?

:)

gogo

Oh so you saw the old galacitca topics but never got in a posting and talking mode. :P

*cough*

wasn't this topic about StarGate?

Good thing you guys aren't on the mod team and that you don't have to be an example to others.

>_>

As for me I stoped watching it after the 3rd series, mostly cause it took to long for a TV station to broadcast the 4th after it. Initially HBO was broadcasting it but they sold the rights to a local station. And the local station started airing SG with the 1st season so by the time they go to the 4th I was no longer interested in watching it.

So you missed all the good stuff when they bring there A game. and you missed Anubis :P

Uhm yeah. =/

Last episode I saw was the one of the Replicator-infested Asgaard ship crashing into the Pacific Ocean.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't start watching SG1 til it started airing right before Farscape, :whistle:

after a bit I really got into it, but was usually working when it came on back then.

Went into the local vid store about a year ago had a buy 1 get 1 deal so I bought all the seasons,

have 1 through 9, just waiting for 10 to come out next moth or month after I think.

It was awesome to be able to just watch without commercials, was like a really long movie :P .