Ascaron's DarkStarOne!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Ascaron space babes in space!

heh, well not really...but

Well...this game seems kinda like an interesting idea...and one that I think is gonna work. How can it not? It seems to be about builds except this time yer build has engines and lasers rather than wings and a battle thong!

:P

If Ascaron does it right with no bugs...I'm all in!

I'm a builder by nature me thinks, and I've been itching to get my hands on a great builds game whether it's titan quest or hellgate...or now...darkstarone.

I don't know why...but ...are the rest of you guys looking hard at anything Ascaron puts out too?

Could it just be because we love their ideas so much and any game they put out comes complete with all the friends we made here over the last two years?

It's a nice package, for me imo...and compelling.

I just saw the trailer...I like the beginning music...very cool and inspired by EVE(which probably has the best trailer ever made for a video game ;)), but I'm not all that crazy fer how the music goes after that.

Graphics wise..I'm also kinda...so/so...but again...this game doesn't just come with what's in the box...

It has the potential to come with a great built-in community...

YOu guys!

Here's the link:

http://213.198.65.214/forum_DS/showthread.php?t=134

:)

gogo

I've also got my eye on that one GoGo...and even with the things that drove many people insane bug wise with Sacred and Plus and UW...hehe I was lucky...I never really had any earth shattering problems at all...I even had more than 1 account *cough* so you see I'll be happy to give it a go and wizz through space...don't about the thong though! lol...Maybe a nice long floaty cloak! J/K...for me...Yes I'll be buying it ;)

Guest gogoblender

yeah

*sigh*

I'm lookin hard at hellgate two

have you seen the movies they've been releasing?

And all the builds posbbible?

only thing I'm worried about is the community

*crosses fingers*

gogo

have you seen the movies they've been releasing?

No, & knowing me, I don't want to, I'd only get distressed that it's not out yet...

And all the builds posbbible?

Ditto.

only thing I'm worried about is the community

True, but we can always hope Gogo. Or make our own communities, or try & convert them to the light side...

I have not tried the PvP part yet, maybe the music is better there... I am sorry to say I find the music a bit "low" not even lo-fi, just low

Guest gogoblender

heh, trust cyg ta get the new on the goodies!

I"ve started another hellgate thead here so we can keep jotting notes about the game there.

Pure and cyg, yeah my friend schot had guildwars fer a while but...dunno...I just couldn'tseem to connect with the game.

*sgih*

and don't relly know why either.

I think it had a lot to do with the sounds...All that constant Bonking and Bonking everytime someone made a hit.

The game kept sounding like it was on repeat to me

lol, oh well

gogo

• 2 years later...

Was that the one where you couldnt jump or something to the star system where you needed to go?

It has been a while since I played this game. :D

I tried the demo of this game and I gotta say I did have a lot of fun with. I might look around town here in the bargain bins. :D

hehe yep it def looks like its a game I would like (had a look on youtube) :)

but atm I think iam full :lol: (in reg to new games that is...)

I see on the net that Darkstar One has a problem when trying to get it to work on a widescreen monitor at 1680x1050.

Anyone know if this is still the case as thats my monitors native resolution?

stubbs