Rune Charming!

Just wanted to throw this thought out in the open. I've been thinking lately that having a high Charisma might increase our chances of having a rune drop from enemies and am wondering if anyone might have experience with this. It's something I've thought for some time and mostly because of the many Vamp players on the servers. Over the years in Sacred I've noticed that of the many build types that do not read a lot of runes that Vamps seem to stand out as far as giving away runes. It most times seems to be that Vamps are giving away runes and it made me wonder why.

Vamps typically have the highest amount of Charisma, when in Vamp form. That in mind I've been pumping up my Battle mage's Charisma. The BM has the lowest, or second lowest, Charisma of all the character types. I've more than doubled my BM's Charisma, taking it from about 130 to 306. I've been playing with my boosted Charisma for many levels now and have been doing several rune drop runs with good success but in the process I've noticed that other factors might be involved. Speed at which you kill being one of those factors.

I haven't done the ultimate test yet and I do plan to but I thought it would be great to see what you folks have to say about this. maybe one of you have already explored this idea?

The ultimate test will be to export my character, dupe his +48 Charisma ring many times and bring my charisma from its base of 130 up to about 600 and then go out and kill stuff. Might be a while before I'm able to do this though.

So. Could this be? Can Charisma increase rune drop rate? Do you have some other tricks to increasing the amount of runes you get? Inquiring minds want to know! :oooo:

Gosht Schot, lol...

This charisma thing you've had boiling in the back of your head now for years has finally found it's way to the top huh? :roll eyes:

Well, the idea is, once again, fascinating.

And if this works, yay...finally a professsional rune hunter build brought to life with even more advantages than a dwarf or vamp!

:whip:

gogo

p.s. *tiredly gets ready to set up the lan for schot :rolleyes:*

I did Notice when using a DE CHA build (using poison Thau Blades) that runes I got there were more than average, perhaps it was the low runes I had read or maybe it was the CHA, I always try not to read many runes but that's know in common. I'd say give it a go ^^

Sincerely,

Sylph