War Is On!!

Guest gogoblender

oowah, too fast fer me...lol, I got none of tlc's planets near any of my assets.

BEst of wishes Spawn and if you guys need anything just ask.

Good luck!

:)

gogo

heads up everybody!!

A MOB member whom I'm on a 1 month ceasefire agreement PMed me these:

03-10 08:40:28 M A D [2:315:8] Re:No subject

Hello cyclops,I'm fine how are you ?

No we are waiting untill your Alliance or TFCA (allthough I don't think TFCA will enter the war because we are both allied with them,Spawn allied to TFCA and MOB allied to TFCA) declares war.

So we are waiting your move,if D.A.R.K. Alliance declare war to TLA then so shall we to Spawn.

Guest gogoblender

Thanks fer the heads up Jun!

I guess we can wait till it out a few days and see what brews over the weekend?

If you guys want to discuss this though the floor is always open.

Cheers!

gogo

It is very slow at the moment...:yawn:

But I spose thats to be expected right?

I havent done this war thing before ;)

I am a bit concerned tho because where I just colonised in gal 4 is 8 systems from a TLA moon (with sensor phalanx level 3 - I am in its range). I dont think any of them could take me easily but it looks like Xual has combined her 3 small fleets and moved them close to me. She has around 4000+ lfs and at the most 500 bs. I have about 2500 lf and 700 bs. At this point our fleets would probably draw. Do you guys think I should move out of their moons range or just stick around and build lots more light fighters?

Any advice?

Cheers Aurora

Build more LF's and deploy cruisers to that planet to handle those LF's of hers. I also don't think Xual would be suicidal enough to risk a big chunk of her fleet by attacking you. btw who has better battle techs (weapon, shielding, armour)?

Guest gogoblender

ayup, cruisers will do a great job of cutting down the lf's, however...

staying this close to within phalanx range is always risky. It means you always have to be on guard and this can take a beating on yer nerves and yer time.

Is there great cost to moving the planet out of phalanx range?

gogo

Well the big problem with moving would be that I would either have to:

a)Move my fleet back to Gal 3 and then blow up my current colony in Gal 4 at a huge deut cost

or

b)Blow up one of my other planets and then colonise another one in 4 (out of phalanx range) but all my planet are at about Metal 25, Crystal 20 so I would lose heaps of points blowing one up....I blew one up to colonise in Gal 4 and went down about 6000 points :shocked:

So its a bit of a dilemma :sigh: any ideas?

However at this point I am more inclined to blow up another planet and have two mobile raiding bases but that will take me further from my goal of the top 100..... :(

Aurora

but if you will lose your fleet its will be even more costly - so just go with two mobile colonies

Very true Gintukas

Good point :) I think I will do it today, now to decide which of my planets to blow up :(

I am so attached to them hehe...

Aurora

Guest gogoblender

I hear you aurora

And I'm attatched to my colonies as well with their big mines...however...the profits of running two very eficiently running attack colonies with their income via raiding v.s. one none-moving planet and a mine just don't add up.

The two planets moving together as a mobile raiding base save an exceptionally large amount of deut.

However...to pay off the loss of income generated via mines on one of the planets the raids must be kept up.

YOu'll see how easy it is though when you start using two planets to move in. Fleetsaving costs are hugely reduced and it's much safer to hide fleets from other players.

gogo

but if you will lose your fleet its will be even more costly - so just go with two mobile colonies

This is actually the reason why I am making a lot of HOFs. I lost a lot of planetary res production by destroying 2 of my underdeveloped planets but the millions of res from each HOF more than made up for it. B)

Guest gogoblender

@ cykes...lol, that's exactly what I needed to hear too! Woot! I hear turtles these days gettin so much bad press with the huge ipm buzz goin on and with Crunchie having had his def all mowed down by a deathstar...

llama...I think I'm just gonna stick to investing in fleet, research and mines.

Though def will certainly help with protecting a day's queue of rez production.

gogo

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I have decided to go with blowing up another planet, hopefully I will more than make up for the points lost in attacks and farming having two mobile bases :)

And Xual is less likely to catch me this way....

In the meantime I am pumping out the light fighters, especially since I discovered her whole fleet - she has the same number of bs as me but double the lf's :o

I think I will avoid her for a little while ;) She doesnt have the mines I have so surely I can build ships quicker than her, well hopefully........

Aurora

Guest gogoblender

Absolutley

The longer you can keep clear the better you're off until the lead your mines can give you kick in.

Just a little longer than Whammo..in you go with yer fleet!

Or...just sim her fleet and see how many cruisers it'll take to put her lf's out of business real fast.

gogo