The first kill...

Alright...I have started a necromancer Vamp and one key thing I'm looking for is a way to get that very first kill. I'm not really fond of the bats or the wolf, blood kiss doesn't deal enough damage, mind control just holds the opponent there...

So what am I supposed to do for my first kill?

I decided I would look into Master Bite:

It seems that this skill is pretty decent, but the if you "bite" a weak monster it will still be weak no matter what level CA you are using. It is not like Awaken Dead where the monster is stronger for you depending on your CA level.

When I realized that Master Bite is a good way to start just to get an "ally" on your team I then realized I needed something that could actually pack a punch...In the lower levels it seems I can just use my left click because shes just a strong melee char naturally...but my Vamp is lazy she wants to sit back and let minions do most of her work...

She's searching for something to do that first kill and I trip upon Claw Jump...I read the CA description and it sounds kind of interesting I export the char to check it out.

I read 1 rune of Claw Jump, but with the equip I'm wearing it gets boosted to level 10 :D I then decide if I really want to see the power of the CA I should go somewhere with higher level monsters (char level 4) so I head to Mascarell to test it on those pesky archer/melee robber mobs! The CA Claw Jump has a listed damage and a listed radius. When I started using it I realized that it is like a stomping jump and a multi hit all in one :P SUPER POWERFUL. Everytime I jumped it seemed to hit...maybe I was just getting lucky, but in 2 or 3 jumps the whole mob was whiped out and thats fighting monsters 3 times my level...

In conclusion, was this just a lucky test or is Claw Jump really the way of the future? Should I keep using Master Bite to distract the mob in the beginning?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your input,

StiCk_eM

It sounds like a very interesting build, StickEm and something that you're keen for. I'm afraid that I can't offer any help with the build, however, as I've never bult a vamp before.

Hopefully someone else here can?

Good luck with the build!

:4rofl:

gogo

Well I have to look no further than myself because I have found a way to get the first kill quite easily with some testing :4rofl:

Claw Jump was actually not too bad, but it was nothing compared to Blood Bite

I thought Blood Bite had a really low damage, but I tested it again and sometimes I could get it to one hit kill (with the help of some crit)! The Blood bite works great not only does it do decent damage, but you also leech that damage back (in full) and you also basically stop the monster from touching you because while you are "leeching" the monster can't move! The one problem was that the animation on Blood Bite was kinda slow, but to get around this all you have to do is have an empty weapon slot and switch to it and then switch back to your fighting slot and you are able to move and recast Blood Bite if necessary!

That is the easiest way to get the first kill! Once you have your first kill you should use Animate Dead and then Blood Kiss because the Blood Kiss helps your minions destory the monsties more quickly which they have a chance of changing into other "Animate Deads", but if they dont change them you can always use Animate Dead again! And one of the greatest things about Animate Dead is that the duration is whatever the duration on you're TiV is!

The other new addition I mentioned was Blood Kiss! I have heard that this in addition to its crappy damage lowers the defense of the enemies which is the true benefit of it, also it helps your minions lock onto a target because usually you have to hit before they will start targeting!

Hope this clears it all up about how to get your first kill if you don't want to use bats or wolf!

Have fun and animate on,

StiCk_eM

Hi :4rofl:

Even with a necromancer Vampiress build you cant neglect melee attacks. Yes the first kill or better said the "first kills" is important.

I recommend you do a very high level combo with HH or Attack. Both CA can be raised pretty high just with item bonuses so it could be a good way to reach high enough damage.

Blood bite could be useful at the neginning but IMHO will be useless when monsters reach really high hp. You cant simply raise BB to high enough damage.

If you want to get started without actually doing the killing yourself, go to an area where soldiers are posted (the bridge in Bellevue for example) and draw an enemy into combat with the soldier. You'll get a corpse either way - the enemy or the soldier.