A Thankyou, an explanation, and - I'm afraid - another question

First of all, thanks a lot to Night Wolfe for indulging my ignorance, and helping me with the Ancarian Snow quest. I did understand that this was not a game wherein "good" and "evil" mattered a lot; what I was really concerned about was not so much being a "bad guy" as it was that I was afraid I'd wind up outlawed in the town, and have to run from or fight the guard whenever I turned up there. Night Wolfe straightened me out, and I appreciate it. Again, thanks.

Now, though....Um, I'm about to presume on everyone's patience and good nature again. See, thing is, I've run into the quest involving the Inquisitor and the documents and stuff, and, well....He never seems to *leave*. His men do - sort of - but he just hangs out, and, well...having read "Quest Failed." and restarted the game approximately 4927 times, I find myself compelled to ask, just how the hell does one *succeed* in that quest? My girlfriend - whose computer is some four feet or so from my own - is having the same problem. Neither of us really *wants* to put a fist through the monitor, honest, but....Well, I/we would *greatly* appreciate any solutions/suggestions/clues, etc.

I apologize for being dense, and I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with the silly newbie questions.

Thanks, for any help anybody can be.

Joe Sahyan

Hi Sahyan and welcome to the boards. I just saw that post you made yesteday, and because this place was so crammed with people on Saturday of all days, I didn't get the chance to say hi. You were lucky to have met, probably the most reknowned quest expert in the land. Nightwolfe has documented almost every single quest in the game, and is the expert with SP.

I'm afraid I can't help you much here, as it's been quite a long time since I've done quests. I'm sure our Lady of the Wolves or someone else who has answers for you will be along shortly to help you continue with your enjoyment of the game.

And please, you'll never wear out our patience or our good spirits. It's the energy and curiosity of posters like yourself that have been contributing to the community spirit of Sacred since it's inception. So keep up with the questions, and we're happy you're here.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

I have the same success as you Sahyan, and have only had one successful bid with the inquisitor and for the life of me, have no idea what I did differently, lol I just put it down to one of the quests where luck plays a big part. Though I am sure there is a science to it, and someone will definitely tell us, I HOPE!

BTW Welcome

If I remember, this is the one in Crow Rock where you are supposed to switch the documents?

If so, what happns is you go to the spot to ring the dinner bell to distract the men, but as soon as you ring it, run back to the archway you came through. The men go to the bell, anf you then go straight in to swap the documents unseen.

I had a lot of difficulty with this one too, 'til I accidentally did it right.

Awww gogo there you go makin be blush again :4rofl: You are such a sweetie!

Sahyan.... don't worry... ask as many questions as you like! There are no dumb questions. Plus it makes us feel smart to be able to answer them for you LOL :whistle:

Gial... great memory! Yep that is exactly how you beat this quest and just in case you need help finding the dinner bell Sahyah HERE in the link for that tutorial :4rofl: