Ratatouille: Pixar's fun new cooking movie...with rats!

If the idea of spending hours in your kitchen chopping, pressing, organizing, spicing, measuring and mixing brings a smile to your eyes, Pixar's new movie, Ratatouille is something to relish. It's depiction of a crowded and very busy Paris kitchen is brilliant. Mouth-watering shots of food, that even while animated, will pluck out your oooohs. The brainchild of this new venture is none other than the one who spearheaded The Incredibles...another one of my favorites.

This movie will take you right into the heart of what it's like to cook under pressure, while meeting up with our endearing, spatula-wielding, high-toqued heroes. All of them griping about their woes, their dreams, and their concerned futures as cooks . The shiny reflections off of hanging copper pots, the steam of sauces melting, the hustle the bustle...all there in glorious cartoon and all there to draw you in while inspiring us with the hard work that a good restaurant will put into presenting that small and often too-tiny, over-priced plate adorned with brilliant touches of color and flavor.

Peter O'toole is brilliant as the consummate and snobby, restaurant chef...just his voice work in the film is reason enough to see it.

The title of this movie, Ratatouille, is actually a dish that comes from France. I never knew how difficult it is to make and how time-consuming. Served hot or as a cold pickle upon the plate, it reminds me slightly of an eggplant dish that my family makes, curried of course. The soaking, the marination, all the different steps needed...funny how almost like dishes can come from places so far apart in the world.

After seeing this movie, I just had to look up the word, and found this amazing short movie on how to make Ratatouille. Check out the narrator's sexy brit voice, she definitely adds to the classiness of this movie-short and could perhaps inspire some of us to perhaps even attempt this dish.

Here's the link to the short-movie on how to make this very complicated dish:

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-ratatouille

And hoping that some of you other food critics out there will get a chance to check out Pixar's release.

Bon Apetit

:whistle:

gogo

It's amazing how much detail they worked in to make food look...foodish. Apparently they called in a top notch food presentation expert to help them with the kitchen and food prep scenes.

:4rofl:

gogo