Umm....Ok, what's with the bloody spiders?

First of all, Griffman, thank you very much indeed.; you're help with the Cookie Monster - er, Cookie Quest - just might have saved me from putting my fist through the damned moniter.

And Schot, you, Sir, are one marvelously demented fellow; and you tell a hell of a story, ace.

Umm....Now, then. See, thing is, I got this stupid damned (and did I mention stupid?) quest from some anonymous (and annoying) "Girl" in the Dwarven Ruins. The quest to go get her sister *without* stepping on any spider-dens. Weeeeellll, see, there seems to be only one way to *get* to her sister, and that's up the stairs. But every...single...*time* I go up those stairs, the first thing that happens is I discover I've apparently tripped over a spider or something, and "cannot complete this task." Now, I do note that this seems to be the only quest (at least of those I've encountered so far) in which, after failing, I'm offered another chance...and another...and at least a third. This makes me suspect that one is *supposed* to fail, for some strange, sick, deviant game-designer reason, but I'm not sure.

Am I right? Is there some magic number of tries, maybe? Or should I just decline to repeat after I fail, or what? And if I'm over-thinking it, if there really *is* a way to get around the spiders (which, of course, one cannot *see* until one trips over them), well, if there is a way...for God's sake, *how*?

Thanks again for the cookies, guys.

Joe Sahyan

Oh man... Have you been following me around Joe? hahaha. DaveO just helped me with that quest during this past Kamikaze event, haha. I had to let DaveO go ahead and do it and then I just teleported to him. I couldn't do it to save my life but I'll give it another try for your sake. Back in a few mins... :hugs:

And here we are with some directions in the form of a 51 sec video. ;) As you see in the video I killed all the nearby enemies before starting the quest to make things easier during the quest. Also notice that once I reach the stairs I wait on the stairs for the scared girl to walk over to me rather than walking over to her on the grass and risk stepping on a spider nest. :3lmao:

The Arachnaphobia quest is difficult in that one deviation from a set path triggers a spider to come out and thus fail the quest. Wolfe's Sacred Site has the path, but even with that expect a few retries. Me and Schot both tried it individually a few times, and even though I KNEW the path the darn spiders just kept springing on me. After about several failures, I decided to try again with Schot playing Observer and managed to get thru. He complemented me on my navigational abilities, and I KNOW the reward was just so miniscule compared to the number of times we both botched it.

Wolfe's Arachnaphobia Walkthru

Edited by DaveO

Hey DaveO. Looks like all those times doing quests with you is starting to pay off. ;) For the record I did try it the way you did it but I just couldn't do it. :3lmao: Had to try a bunch of different ways before I got it down.

I edited my previous post to show a video walkthrough of this Arachnophobia quest. You have the option of viewing the 51 second video via the Stage6 player or Youtube Sayhan.

Good questing once again Sayhan. Bring some more quests! :hugs: