Editor for resetting character choices?

Is there an editor with some kind of "reset char" option? To reset all attributes to default values for the current level, all skills to 0 / unselected - refunding attr / skill points of course, and unlearning all combat arts? Basically, to be able to try out different builds with a single char?

Hi there Lilianne and welcome to darkmatters. :scare2:

To my knowledge there is no way to reset character values, skills - attributes - combat arts, but there are some characters you can download from the SIF. In particular you can download level 100 characters of each class that have none of their points spent. That would allow you to experiment in all kinda of ways. You can find them at the following link. Keep in mind that you must have Underworld installed:

Download Sacred characters

I hope that helps you a bit.

Schot :D

As Schot said there is not an editor for sacred that will allow that. Ascaron Frown on that kind of stuff. Sorry to bear bad news to you. But the plus side is the level 100 toons work great for testing toon builds I use them, alot in the testing phases of my build before I bring them

online to the hardcore servers. And by the way Welcome to FDM our little corner of the World. Enjoy the game.

Thanks for all the answers.

> To my knowledge there is no way to reset character values

Shame.

> you can download level 100 characters

Thanks, an editor would be preferable, but these are still a great time-saver.

> Ascaron Frown on that kind of stuff

Yeah, that became pretty clear the minute I started googling the subject.

I don't understand what they have against cheating in single-player though. Especially since there is a god-mode cheat code available, it would be trivial to have it in internal development versions and disable it in public version. Also - with that attitude using downloaded, pre-made characters could be classified as cheating too.

In Diablo 2 there was a nice cheat/feature - ability to start new chars in act 5 / normal difficulty with 33 level char. And since there were 5 acts * 3 difficulties, and 99 levels max., that was effectively skipping first 1/3 of the game. That's a good example of "time-saving cheats".

Hi :)

Actually there is a website who has a program what we could call an editor.

It has a feature to open up every difficulty level for you in the single player campaign; max your SB and it lets you edit your items properities.

So at least partially it could be useful for you: Link

Ofc (luckily) it works only in SP games and in Open so it wont threathen the purity of our beloved HC world :)

If you want to try out different chars IMHO the downloadable chars (which are created mostly with such programs too) are much better and easyer to use.