Sacred Wiki Video Standard

Heya all

We'll be using Vimeo.com for all fact related vids like CA animations. For fact related videos like CA videos, it's very important that the videos load fast, display the CA action well, and that quality is as good as possible.

The CA vids in particular will be embeded in a standard 320 width, height may be different for each video however. To add your video to the wiki you will need to copy the below code into a page on the wiki:

<vimeo v="you put the ID # of your vimeo video here" />

So here's the quick run down of how to make our videos follow a nice format:

Fraps:

• Half size
  • 30 fps

Max Width:

Use the size fraps makes it at. 512 pixels wide. (Can be adjusted post processing via the Wiki embed tag)

File Size

Must be under 10 MB so that it will load fast.

Game Audio:

• SFX-ON
  • SPEECH-OFF
  • MUSIC-OFF

For Buffs / Attacking CAs:

• Full zoom in ideally but if you need to zoom out a bit then do so. The videos will be viewed at 320 width so you'll want to be zoomed in as close as you can while also making sure the animation is displayed well.

For those of you who have experience with making videos you can do it your way with whatever program you normally use. You will still need to add the images as mentioned below though.
    DivX Codec:(For VirtualDub users)
    divxsettings.jpg

Include logo at bottom right:

SWvidTAG.png

Logo Alpha Channel Image

CA Alpha Channel Image for transparency:

Adding the CA to your Video

If you are using VirtualDub then you can add logos by selecting:

1. -->Select Video
  2. -->Filters...
  3. -->Add...
  4. -->Scroll down and select logo
  5. -->browse to the logo image, (Whatever CA you are working on. You can use the CA png images I made from the Library of CA images) and Open
  6. -->Check "Enable per pixel alpha blending..."
  7. -->Uncheck "Use premultiplied alpha"
  8. -->Check "Use grey channel..." and browse to the black and white BMP version of CA, Open.

Use the Show/Hide Preview button to see your work and "Justification to position the CA image nicely to the top left.

Adding the FDM darkmatters logo will require the same steps as mentioned above with the exception of step 7. For step 7 the opposite is required and therefore do the following:

7. Checkmark "Use premultiplied alpha"

The result should look something like this:

So there you have it folks! Hope you have a grand time with. :3lmao: Oh and for the sake of saving time if everyone could post what character they are doing ->here<-, that would really help to keep each other informed. Seeing as this is a fun and easy thing to do I imagine it will be done before very long.

Cheers gang. Gonna fall into bed now, haha. :D

P.s.

The forum doesn't allow for posting of BMP images which is why I needed to provide images as links for you to download instead. Also, I adjusted the font size of the darkmatters logo to be a bit bigger in order to improve quality a bit. I'm a pixel pusher. What can I say. :hugs:

Cheers!

Very good

Clear cut, a good balance between being able to find a good line of expertise between non uber video experts and being able to want to do videos and make contributions.

The watermark is aweseome! This way we can let everyone use videos...nice work!

lol, even I can understand this!

:)

gogo

p.s. We will soon have to make a Wiki Standards formatting page for when the wiki goes public...which is gonna be sooooooooooon!

:o

So there you have it folks! Hope you have a grand time with. :( Oh and for the sake of saving time if everyone could post what character they are doing ->here<-, that would really help to keep each other informed.

:):o Fantastic! Wonderful setup Schot! Ill get to work!! Muhahahaha

Ive been working on the we, but went to click on your linky and theres no thready ;)

Woot! Can't wait to see them Ari! :pitcher:

Omg... I did all of the Glad CAs and it took much longer than I thought! Trying to get the angles just right and having to do sooo many retakes because of misfiring of a CA, lol.

I made a couple edits to the standard btw. After doing some CAs I realized that the Zoom rule in the standard was a bit too strict. Use it as a guide rather than a rule. :)

Also... The CA images vary in size and because of this I made two more Alpha channel images for use with the CAs as logos in VirtualDub. You can find them in the standard.

One last thing is I created a slightly better darkmatters logo for our videos. I thought I had already posted them up but I guess I must have dreamed it. :) So the improved darkmatters logo has been added to the standard as well.

Cheers and I'm off to create the library! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aww, I was just finished with capturing that Battle Beauty.. and now I see, that Sound has to be on.. and my Fraps somehow got serious Problems with Sound Recording :D

Seems as if that Part will be delayed quite a Bit :4rofl:

Woohoo! I just created another extension for the vimeo videos... Albums! :4rofl: The new extension can embed an album of your Vimeo vids into a single small window. It looks sooooo cool! hahaha. Check it out!

Dwarf Combat Arts

Very handy for putting a family of videos all in one. To do your own go to your Vimeo account and at the top menu you need to go to "Tools-->Widgets" Then choose the first option, Hubnut. From there choose an album from the "Choose a video stream" drop down and then choose your album. You'll of course need an album and to make one go to a video and on its page there is an option to "Add to album" use that to create an album and then go to each video you want to add to that album and add them. :D

A nice place to add albums would be on a CA index page or a character page.

Have fun!

Oh I Haven't forgotten about this Schot! I finally have the full version of fraps but unfortunately as I was trying to tweak it to record sound in game, I managed to ruin several settings allowing me to play music as well as CHAT! :oooo: Ive been fighting it for weeks to get it back and so far the most I have is sound through one side of my speakers and headphones! (On anything ((I only found this out after buying a new headset)) :sigh:

So eventually when I get this fixed I will be able to make a video! I hope!

Ack! Oh that's bad Ari. :oooo: No worries though! :hugs: Though I think I owe you one so I'll hit you up tomorrow and see if I can give you some help. :) As a side note there is a chance that even though things aren't sounding right from your speakers the sound might still be recorded properly. You could try a short test and put the test video up somewhere for us to listen to and tell you if it's ok. :sigh: