We just bought IPBWiki (One years worth)

Hey guys, we used a paypal check (first time!)to purchase the software, and it's finally arrived today...we've been jumping up and down waiting for it. This new software is is a "bridge" between DarkMatters and SacredWiki.

Right now our biggest concern was vandalism, epecially considering the many, many hours of work the team has put in. So far, registrations for SacredWiki are closed unless an admin creates the account.

We are hoping to have the registration process happen in DarkMatters, where we can get a "feel" of someone's trustworthiness before allowing them editing access to the wiki.

# seamless integration of the login system of MediaWiki and Invision Power Board. Your website visitors get the convenience of a single sign-on into the forum and the wiki, leading to an increased community participation. IpbWiki provides 2 authentication methods:

* Transparent User Authentication: if the user visited the forum and there exists a forum session, then user is automatically logged in into the wiki.

* Non-transparent User Authentication: Clicking the Login button in the wiki authenticates against the forum database and logs the user in both the wiki and (optionally) the forum.

# Configure Wiki-Rights: grant wiki-rights (read, edit, minoredit, createpage, createtalk, move, delete, undelete, protect, block, createaccount, upload, reupload, reupload-shared, rollback, patrol, editinterface, siteadmin, bot, asksql, checkuser) based on the member's Forum User Group and member's number of posts.

# Supports BBCode & Emotions: IpbWiki Parses BBCode so your forum members continue to use the familiar forum BBCode, leading to an increased community participation. Emoticons are also supported.

# Automatically link keywords in your forum post to wiki-topics by using the Automatic wikification extension, or link to topics manually by using the [wiki] bbcode

# Discussion Threads: possibility to configure IpbWiki to redirect the wiki discussion tabpage to a forum discussion thread, again leading to an increased community participation.

# Rating System: Allows your visitors to provide feedback how much they like your articles.

# Limited CMS capabilities: Add topiclists and forum posts inside your wiki pages.

# Integrated Skin: You can make your wiki look exactly as your IPB forum.

# Poweful & Convenient Control Panel: All options can be simply selected turned on/off in your Admin CP Panel.

# Since IpbWiki is based on MediaWiki you can automatically enjoy all features of MediaWiki when you use IpbWiki

# No Programming Or Editing Needed: Simple installation and a user friendly control panel supports configuring feautures as you need.

# Free Support: Free forum based support.

This is the link to the new software here:

http://www.ipbwiki.com/Ipb_Wiki:Integratio..._with_MediaWiki

It allows for superior security, administration and...finally... a skin for the wiki!

We've purchased one years worth of licensing, hoping that schot *cough cough* will be either to replicate the software's effects with Joomla or other types of bridging software that exist to make the link up between our community and the wiki more seamless.

Cheers!

:sick:

gogo

Sounds all very interesting. However there's something that I don't quite understand. How does the use authentification thing work? I mean does it link accounts through an option in the profile? Does it automatically create an account on the wiki when you register on the forum and vice-versa?

Also what happens when the password isn't the same for the wiki and the forum?

We're about to find out. :(

But as far as differing login details I think that there is a chance that the ipbwiki integration may overwrite existing users of the wiki. I'll be making a backup up everything before I integrate the new software of course. As for where the member data is coming from it will come directly from the members table of the database.

Time will tell. And much reading... :sick:

I was thinking about the same thing. For example, for all peeps currently registered...would we have to reregister from the forum to be a part of the wiki?

Schot's installing it now, and I guess it'll take a few days to figure out how the new setup will work.

:sick:

gogo