Category: Places

So umm I am checking out this section and I looove the layout! I am planning on working on it a bit but I was wondering... whoever started the layout has a quest section per location... Is this something I should repeat? Or since I have added my quest list by town in its own category should it just be removed from the layout? I can repeat it if you all think it is good to have it again I just wanted to check before I went to the effort of copying it all there as well...

Your take on it sounds good. As a baseline, you're creating great ground for other contributors to add to regarding places in the game. You can use the lay out already there...or change it, as you wish. If you think you've got a better idea by all means add the knowledge. You can always edit after or, one day someone else may come along and help out. Usaually the formating that has the most "depth" while using the linking strengths of a wiki give great content display.

Cheers!

:D

gogo

Thanks for the free reign Gogo :D

Okay update on this section... I copy/pasted the format to ALL the Ancaria towns but I changed it once I started editing by a tad. So if anyone wants to add on to what I have done... I have completed to the best of my knowledge through Frostgard so check out the format on any of those :P

UPDATE: I also did all the regions... anyone have ideas on what else might need to be included in those?

Edited by ~Night.Wolfe~

Here's my thought -- based on Csaszar's and Nihilith's work on Combat Arts:

First, each quest should have its own page. On that page, build a nice, terse description of the quest as a lead-in. The rest of the page should be bracketed by <noinclude>. . .</noinclude> tags. Then use the inclusion feature to drop the description into both the locale and the full quest list. Voila - 3 places but only 1 piece of text to maintain.

Example:

[[Where is the Blacksmith?]] is a starter quest in [[bellevue]] (etc.

<noinclude>

You begin the quest by speaking with Anurf in the [[bellevue]] garrison.

(Thumbnail pic here, perhaps?)

He sends you to [[Angela]] who then bemoans her missing husband, etc etc.

[[Category: Quests]]

</noinclude>

Now, on the Bellevue page you have:

== Quests ==

{{:Where is the Blacksmith?}}

and on the quests page you have

== Side Quests ==

=== [[bellevue]] ===

*{{:Wolf's Eyes}}

*{{Where is the Blacksmith?}}

and so on.

Edited by gial