Socketing

Hello guys, I learned a lot from this site.

But I am still wondering why there are different coloured sockets? Did you ever experiment with that?

I am a begginer (no toon over 70) and I was trying to experiment with it but could not find anything new. For example moving the same ring around the different sockets. I did not notice any changes, but that may be because I have small modifiers on rings (low level) so maybe you could try it out.

Thank you

have a nice time

Edited by chrenus

Bronze socket: no bonus.

Silver socket: 5% bonus to the resists/damage and attack/defense values of the item going into the socket.

Gold socket: 10%.

Sleep's Brother (Unique Axe) with the exclusive Green socket: 10% bonus and an abnormal increase in value of the weapon after socketing.

Hope this helps :P

Edited by Timotheus

Hi there Chrenus, welcome to DarkMatters.

I'd thought that the green does a fifteen percent...is it really ten with other increases?

Interesting

:P

gogo

p.s. SacredWiki needs a socketing page ^^

Yeah we had a thread about this on the SIF, after a question about the exact bonus. It turns out the bonus from the green socket is the same as the gold one. When testing we found out Sleep's Brother will frequently triple in value when socketed, that's also a nice feature.

The bonuses for the sockets only apply to fixed values, not percentages. So a ring with 10-20 fire damage will get the boost, but a ring with +10% fire damage will not. I don't think CA and Skill values are boosted either - just attack, defense, resists and damage values.

thanks

this was so fast, I`ll resucket everything *o*

now I know everything *teasing*

have a nice time

Edited by chrenus