The upcoming patch

Hi :oooo:

Somewhere in the near future a new patch wil come out for Mythos Beta. After the officials it will have a lot changes with several additions and balance issues. (Yes our beloved Gadgeters will be nerfed greatly for example)

Some promises from the Devs:

- increase the speed of leveling (for team play - while decreasing the solo xp value - actually this will be a severe slowing down in lvling - basicly a 5 man party will get even xp while soloing will lose the bonus to do it alone - this should cut level speeds more than half :) )

- overall thougher monsters

- greatly increased difficulty at the epic maps

- RESPEC - the ability to reallocate the already spent skill points (while its handy in a beta I think it will introduce problems for the "release" of the game. It will come with a high price ingame currency so basicly it will be an another feature that makes "the rich more richer")

- and many more lesser or not mentioned changes.

Well we will see. Sadly the game is slowly shifting towards to fulfill the needs of the "casual" players and more frighteningly the PvP lovers. The last group can ruin the overall fun faster than any bugs so the future of Mythos (IMHO) could be really endangered. The real money usage in the game is a dangerous idea too - however maybe it can be solved without ruining general gameplay.

But enough of assumptions and lets wait patienly how things will work.

Hi :)

Yeah I m no friend of messing the ingame currency with real money. Every example I saw turned out somehow badly and I just hope Mythos could somehow handke it.

To be honest I dont like the whole MMO concept: pay for the base game then pay a monthly fee for actually using the product you already bought. Mythos is free atm (and it will be free - after the Devs) but that "real money thing" is much more worse than asking us to pay for the release.

On the other hand we saw what happened with Sacred: Ascaron followed the example set by D2 WITHOUT providing the support Blizzard did. The never repaired bugs, the "more problem than before" patches and the aging servers (which were the main reason of lag in MP) came partially from the no monthy fee and the whole "FREE MP" concept.

I am no corporate manager or no sales director but its still hard to believe that selling so much copies of a game AND providing a "Free" multiplayer (closed servers) didnt brought the invested money back. Not to mention that in Sacred case the MP part was the best copy protection method.

As a side note: my experience this far is that the monthly fee plus the free for all PvP attracts not the best possible players (there are ofc exceptions). Sacred - closed HC especially - were almost free of theese aspects and the gaming community evolved into somehting exceptionally fantastic thing - which would be IMHO never possible with other circumstances.

Now my concerns reach Sacred 2 and I am not sure it will be the game we are waiting for that impatiently. Well lets hope the best ....

As Oliver Cromwell said: "Trust in God and keep your gun powder dry"

My goodness, slowing down the SP experience in the upgrade, it is already sooooo slow now. I am not a fan of monthly paid subscriptions for a game that I have already purchased so will wait and see what the outcome is.

So many ingame comments are that Mythos (free) is far better than Hellgate London (purchased) so it will be interesting to see how the Developers reap in the income if more are persuaded to play Mythos.

There is a great deal of seedy players in Mythos, so I am also hoping over time they will be weeded out.

Hi :dance:

I could be misleading so I try to clarify things:

Mythos is currently in closed Beta stage and its completely free. Up to this point there is no way to mess with "real money" (luckily). BUT in the future FSS (Flagship Studios) will try a special pay modell for Mythos. The game itself will remain free (that means no cash needed - no money to buy or no money to play it online) but there will be several options to get the real money in the game. Some kind of subscription wil offer several advantages (FSS promised theese advantages will be mainly cosmetic choises) and it will be implemented a 2nd type of currency in the game: a special currency - basicly the equivalent of real money. Their pay structure is still in development so nothing is 100% sure at this point.

Well after playing (and am now thoroughly addicted to it to) guild wars which is a buy the game once and play free on the servers for ever model, it can be done and done well. I have dial up and I dont see a huge problem playing online like I have in many other games. the game is balanced and FUN at all levels. Sacred 2 if TPTB model the online play after guild wars then it will be fine. I dont even see a huge problem with cheating like I have on other MMORPGs that I have played. But in this day and age basically forcing people to party to enjoy the full experience is not the best. many under 18 players are on line and the smart ones know not to party with those they dont know as it can be dangerous. (WOW has had problems with it being a hunting ground for less than nice real world activities). forcing that contact is NOT the way to go :-( and Fate is such a nice game too that its a shame they are going this route for its sequel so to speak. If they go that route then I say they need to take the game to 18 and over only.

Hi :P

I am not really familiar with GW so take everything I say about it with a grain of salt. (hehe so theese are no absolute truths like my other posts :P)

So I have the basic hame but after I noticed the whole concept is about PvP and there are really nothing to do except PvP after a point I abandoned the game. But as far as I know its not really a free game. After you buy the basic game you can play the internet MP but if you pass on the expansions its better not to do. At least thats what some of my friends told me. -ofc this modell is still more acceptable than a monthly fee (IMHO)

For my part I still prefer the example D2 set up: you buy the game (maybe later an expansion) and you got everything. With the expansion you are not forced to buy it (however its better to do that) because support remains for the basic game too.

• 5 weeks later...
So I have the basic hame but after I noticed the whole concept is about PvP and there are really nothing to do except PvP after a point I abandoned the game.

That's quite far from the truth (/reality) Csaszar, there's a lot of stuff to do in GW without touching the PvP aspect of it. Firstly there's the Main Plot bit of it which takes you through the map, then there are the title tracks - do/get certain amounts of things & you get futher along the title tracks & you can display a title which other players can see. Title tracks on a GW Wiki, will give you some examples, or here.

For my part I still prefer the example D2 set up: you buy the game (maybe later an expansion) and you got everything. With the expansion you are not forced to buy it (however its better to do that) because support remains for the basic game too.

But that's how it is with GW, you don't have to buy any of the 3 expansions, but they do offer a fair bit of new content each (in my view).