melee DE needs some advice

I've never really made a melee DE before and I was kinda looking for some help. I don't seem to survive very well. I know I could raise my adrenaline to help with that, but is there anything else I can do? Also, I only use attack/multi-hit. Should I add on hard hit too? Basically just any general advice would be nice...

I'll attach my exported character:

Here it is

if any of my chars are pretty weak at health front I like to equip 3 LL4% rings (if you can have 4 rings)

I think my LL is ok - it's 29%. I have gordar's gloves and d'brae's bracers on so they give me a decent amount of LL. Thanks though Erling :D

My one and only DE is a trapper and I have no idea whatsoever about the inner workings of Sacred but here’s my 2 cents anyway

This may be very obvious :D

To make adrenaline really shine you need some base defence. Socketing 1 or 2 def ammies should take care of the problem so much so that you may even neglect your resistances until higher levels. Socketing ammies also helps with with resistance.

Obvious advice no2. :P

Raise Adre. If you cant invest more runes here, create a casting slot. Ideally you have 2 Deathbringers and you can dual wield them. If you don’t then make a trip to Bmart with any of your toons who have trading. You should be able to buy weapons with very nice bonuses to Adre (40+ on niob)

Other than that I can only think of problems on the offensive side. That is you either can’t kill baddies fast enough or you don’t do enough damage, meaning life leech can’t keep you alive.

edit:

spelling pixies

He ain't that bad so far :)

I'd recomment you to put some Poinst into Dual Wield (say 10-20), he's pretty slow with Attacking.

And maybe raise Testosterone and Adrenaline (primarily Testo.).

But all in all he's quite fit for Plat-VoT (tested on a LAN Server.. with more Players, it may get a Bit slower).

But that depends on how much you like Danger :)

shot0298uq2.jpg

shot0299ey8.jpg

shot0302kz6.jpg

Maybe you wanna check, what I changed? Only a few Things, nothing special, and only Stuff from your Inventory/Chest.

Click meh.

Edited by Therion X

Oh a melee DE. Really wish I could help give advice but the only DE I've ever made is an explosive charge DE. Noe the less I wish you the best of luck Griff. We miss you at the Kami. :)

Thanks for your input guys :)

Hehe actually I do so very like danger. I know he is capable of Platinum VoT but I worry about how often I see red flashes when I am in a game with more people. The only thing I could tell you did with him Therion was the Gordar's glove upgrade that I had been too lazy to do. So far I like the idea of faster attacking - I know he is kinda slow but I had just changed weapons not too long ago and thought it was because of that. At the same time I changed weapons I also changed gear so I must have cleared out any + attack speed stuff and not replaced it...

I saw that you cleared out my 6-0 side... Do you just use those 3 Combat Arts or did you use the f1, f2, and f3?

As far as base defense goes - I know... I need to put more defense ammys in. I've been a firm believer of "kill it before it kills you" but I guess since I am worrying about dying maybe I should actually consider taking out some of the +attack rating stuff I have in my armor and replacing it with defense...

@Schot - I'm trying to make it to the Kami's every week - sometimes work has been getting in the way - other times family.... one of these days I'll make it back out - and hopefully I'll have a character at the right level for the one I make it to :)

Just a couple more things...

Do I stick with multi-hit and attack or should I add on hard hit? Which do you guys use as your main baddie-butt-kicking-device? I've seen a couple guides suggest Pak Dain and Nakor... is it worth putting more runes into it? I used the projectile deflection one (don't know which is which offhand - kinda tired) when I was lower and tended to fight around archers - but lately I've been playing less and less in areas with archers...

Hi :)

Dark Elf is simply the pinnacle of everything in Sacred so dont be surprised to start the overall best melee char.

Seraphims have niver butt, Glad are bigger, WE's wawe more with their weapons and Vampires attack faster. But none of them have awesome damage + AR and Def at the same time. (not to mention the ability to reflect arrows ans spells)

The key to the ultimate success lies in the OFFENSIVE tactic. Until Niob you dont really need defenses. You attack and they die. Get good weapon + socket it for poison damage + raise your choosen CA (Combat Arts) + and raise Testosterone as much as you can.

Be aggressive to a great extent. If your CA isnt reloaded yet you still can kill with your simple attacks (both AR and damage already increased).

You should consider go one handed like my Melee DE. That guy is highly effective and great fun to play. And he is invisible too! :)

For optimized skill selection:

Blade Combat

Concentration

Trap Lore

Ballistics

Weapon Lore

Constitution

Armor

Parrying

This build is based on the Ethan Rys set but it could work without it ofc. It goes with a weapon shield config so the Blade lore + parry is the most effective chioce. Trap Lore and Ballistics allow you to recast your buffs as soon as they run out (can be around 4-5 mins) AND you can drop some powa traps around if you feel neccesary.

Your main attack CA choices:

HH + ATTACK + MH

#1, HH

It works surpisingly well. If you use full Ethans its even better. Coming out of invisibility for a swift deadly strike then blending back to the shadows. Like a really cute assasin. Damage output in niob is around several millions. Its not hard to get a reasonable power/regen balance plus you are invisible before and after the strike.

#2, Attack

Another skill where the DE really shines. With one weapon the execution time is around 2 sec - that means if you have the regen under that you are golden. My DE uses Attack over 200 and under that 2 sec. This way your attack is turned into almost a melee Area of Effect skill - one hit killing any enemy (well niob poison trolls requires more than 1 hit to kill - but they still fall quickly). If your attack interrupted and not reloaded yet do a quick left click attack. You get enough AR and Damage from Testo to make simply attacks useful.

#3, MH

MH is bugged. MH has great potential but sadly its essetially screwed. When the Combat Arts were stripped from their auto hit ability (pre PLUS) MH started to behave bugged and its still the worse combat skill up today.

Still DE has some uses for MH. First it seems less bugged than for other chars (its still could kill you if you are depending on MH) second it has some nice side effects like throwing the enemies back while stunning them. Personally I dont reallly used MH because you dont need to throw back the enemies and you dont need to stun them. What you need is to kill them. #1 and #2 does that pretty fine.

My DE is primary HH with a good developed ATTACK. The Game cant really send anyone against him. He has no secrets - no special equipment (well except from Ethans :()

so the quick keywords:

-aggressive playstyle

-very high Testosterone (preferably maxed)

-up to date gear

-HH and Attack

-being the ever best "hybrid" char - you have a trappers arsenal at your hands

Maybe take a look at this.

Hi :)

btw I forgot something:

try to get as many Lorgars ammys as you can. They are your best friends :) Good resists with RSM and increased poison damage.