Tried them all and have reached a decision

Like the title says I really have tried them all. Pure ranged, hybrid ranged magic, hybrid staff magic, hybrid sword magic, pure magic, pure sword & pure staff.

My pure magic WE was awesome with the full Meg's set and a super-high COTA. She had about 40-50% leech and 15% split. She was a monster who owned every region she entered. If anything made it past her COTA, a high level thornbush would finish them off. She was boring, though. After she reached plat I stripped her of her armor and gave it to another player. I gave the 100,000,000 in gold she was carrying to another player and sacrificed her to the Nuk Nuk's.

For the hybrids and pure bow elves, I have never gotten them much higher than begining silver. The don't really fit in with my playstyle. I tend to rush in to close; ranged toons just can't handled this.

Pure sword. Well my current one is at level 30ish and is still having a bit of trouble with undead. Otherwise she is doing well. I suspect that when I get some better weapons she will do fine. I may give her an Aarnum sword if I can get her attack speed up.

She will make it to plat, I think, as long as I keep upgrading her swords and I find her the right set--I'm thinking Lloranth(sp?)

Pure staff. She is the star of the show. It is my opinion that when it comes to melee on a WE, the staff is hard to beat. She has a pretty fast attack with a staff. While it's true that she can attack pretty fast with a one-handed sword, the damage is higher on the staff. No matter how high I raise sword lore on my sword WE, I can't get her to swing a two-handed sword fast.

Staves were made to be weilded by WE's. Look at how animated she becomes when you give her a staff. And her attack..... Give a BM a staff and when he attacks, it looks like he is playing pool.

Good point about how animated she is when holding a staff silearth. It's as if the Devs favor her to use the staff eh? Well in my short experience with playing a WE I do find her bow using abilities a bit lacking. One peeve I have is that I find if I click too fast, (like when I'm freaking out, lol.) her bow CAs tend to mis-fire quite a lot. I find in general that I usually have to click twice to get a bow CA to fire. Hard Hit with a bow however seems to work fine for me. It's mostly PA and EA that I have trouble with...

I might just give a Staff a try after readin your comments sil. :4rofl:

Yes, I find EA misfires a bit too - I think that's the percent to hit coming into play. Even so, this is my favorite attack. I usually add MS when in a mob. MS gives a boost to attack rating, so you are more likely to hit, plus it also increases the number of arrows unleashed, so the when I use MS+EA, I almost always hit at least 2 of 5 arrows. With a good enough regen, I can fire MS, then alternate EA and a regular attack, yielding continuous results.

Regen is the real key here. Unless you get a fair amount of RSM, just Concentration and Physical Regen just won't bring the time down low enough to fight effectively at a good EA level. I finally got some, and now I have no problems. Ran Hell's Ridge - Silver - last night with Schot in the high 60's with no leech at all and no real danger (Schot may disagree here- hehe, I let my life fall pretty low, but it only flashed once).

My next WE will be a staff wielder too. It looks like a lot of fun.

Only played 2 types of woodelf ... My first WE was the second toon I tried when I got Sacred... so it was a bit of shoot-from-the-hip WE - when I first equipped her with a staff, I saw the cool animation and immediately got one of every weapon type to check them all out... she got wasted early on 'cause I didn't really know much about playing Sacred at that stage... I like the HH with the bow - reminds me of the rail gun in quake. (and Homer says : "mmmmm.. raaaail guuun")

Is it just me or do any of you find that using explosive arrow decreases chance of finding special drops ? I seems to increase the chance of gold dropping by 100% with me (if any) - and we all know how much sought after gold is... look ! 472 gold !! ... nahhh just leave it there, it's too far by 3 steps + the time spent to bend down and pick it up... :( - sorry it's off topic...

hahaha now I might try one I usually dont touch a WE because I down right hate bows! Oh and if you decide to use an arnums hit me up I have plenty of them laying around not doing anything but taking up space lol

I am looking for an arnums set for my sword WE.....hint....hint

Hi :(

With all due respect you cant say you have "tried them all" until you have bested the most hard situation in the most hard difficulty.

I wouldnt say that if Sacred would be simply linear and there wouldnt be any real difference between the difficulty lvls. IMHO jumping from plat to niob and especially niob around level 200 is a bigger difference than getting from bronze to plat. Some of the good old solutions wont work anymore.

Ofc one can make precise guesses following his experiences - and yes full magic WE is niob capable. Just to clarify it: she is capable but shes far from that power she wielded until plat.

Edited by Csaszar

Well, I guess I'm crazy too, since I see a lot of useful information in this thread. (I haven't made it beyond PV in niob. Level 200 is a looong way off for me.)

%) %) %)

One thing I seem to recall from years ago... one of my Clansmen used to play each character up to a certain point.

She would try out every build with the female characters and the BM (IIRC).

I recall her mentioning the Dagger WE.

I didn't notice anything there about Daggers. A very up-close and personal form of combat... I guess her version of "unarmed combat"? (Though daggers are governed by Sword Lore IIRC).

There are many very exciting daggers for the WE... or so she told me.

Ahhh! There's her name: Catscradle. (Score one for the raiders of the lost archives!! Those bits of your brains

that seek out missing bits of information in your... BR A IN S!)

Cats really liked her Dagger WE. :(

Rock on Dude!

Niob is where I usually start to get bored. For me, just making it that far is the reward. I will strive to get to level 145 or so, just to prove that my build is working--but 216 just doesn't interest me as much as it should.

I have one toon in niob now and two more that will hit it soon. I celebrated by starting new toons. I imagine that I'll stop playing them around plat/niob as well.

There are many exciting daggers. One of my favorites is Dungoliaths(sp?) poisonous stinger. What's not to like about a dagger with 37% leech? I pop a Logar amulet into that puppy and free up all of my other sockets for MF, or in the case of my latest toons--split, crit & damage.

Hi :D

I stand corrected.

I happily withdraw everything I have said, just discount all of my posts as the ramblings of a lunitic.

It makes me really sad if my post made you think that way. If you or anyone else feels about this because of this post then I gladly ask your forgiveness!

My intention wasnt to show any kind of "superiority" or offend you in any way.

Theese are the key lines:

- "IMHO jumping from plat to niob and especially niob around level 200 is a bigger difference than getting from bronze to plat"

- "she is capable but shes far from that power she wielded until plat."

so all I wanted to add was my own experience when my "sit back, mouse in one hand beer in the other eyes at the TV" playing style with my magic WE greatly changed when I visited niob Hell Ridge. I needed to invent some new strategies and great changes in my usual socketing policy. Actually the smooth - little boring gameplay - changed for me to a really challenging adrenalin pumping experience - so that was what I wanted to share with you and to promote continuing with the WE to reach this very interesting change.

So I am standing here "corrected" :)

with friendship,

Csaszar

Edited by Csaszar

No problem,

Like I said in my PM, perhaps I was being overly sensitive. I'd spent 4 hours in a bed in the emergency room and was on a couple of meds.

I also mentioned, at least I think I did(lol) that perhaps you were right about what you said.

My other WE's that I mentioned were tested mostly in the desert against the gobs, orcs and skellies....and of course D,cay. They range across most of the southern regon. Later, they head out to the spider desert, volcano island, Hells ridge and finally the dreaded VOT.

The ranged ones I have tried usually die before they leave the southern core/desert.

My current pole WE has been to the underworld areas briefly, to do the cookie quest and the farmers prank. Lol....when Evil and I took copies of her to open, I went to VOT and got spanked. I only have 2% split, but perhaps it's the open wounds that are triggering mega splits. She was quickly overwhelmed and laid to rest.

The Sword WE, approaching level 50, is having trouble. I'm kind of surprised, I'm building both the same.

Now my Magic only we owned every area she entered, but she got boring.

But enough of my rambling, I have seen you in game and we never had any problems. Water under the bridge.