Resistance's

Ok After much Reading and testing I still can't get my resistances up I have looked over the guide what the heck am I Doing Wrong. So here is my question. with regards to Armor Glow..... Do I socket Dmg to Resist and Resist to Dmg? Or do I go about it the oppisite way. and Resist to Resist and Dmg to Dmg? I have looked over the guide as well and still amI am falling short on it. I either get 1 or no resist bonuses.

Ah sorry Evil! I completely forgot your pm. :Just_Cuz_21: I don't have one to answer your question in pm though.

Off the top of my head... There's a sort of points system to do with armor glows. I don't think I'm able to explain it any better than the guide myles wrote though.

Armor Glow Guide

isn't that the older one, without the hint that it is possible to get all four glows?

hmm, I'll have to ask Myles about that..

anyway, to get many counters more easily,

socket resistances to damage based items (like amulets into weapons)

and damage based stuff into resistance based equipment (eg. rings into armor-pieces)

to get all four glows, you may need a certain amount of rings or amulets that already have 2 original counters on them:

(directly equip the appropriate char/itemslots with them.. 4 glows in closed are more easily to achieve the more native amulet-ring slots a chartype has.. eg, dwarf is quite good, gladiator not so good)

for example, the sneaking ring of death (has magical dmg AND poison resistance) , some old amulets (afaik it was one for the WE) and some others

(I've forgotten their names, browse item-data-bases for them)

Edited by Rotluchs

Ah good explanation Rotluchs. :)

Might trading get you items with both damage and resists easily enough? I'm pretty sure I've seen that. I think... :Just_Cuz_21:

Ah and yes, that's the unrevised guide but I figured it was still a good start. :(

P.s.

Oops!

Didn't realize there was a more up to date version of the Glow guide. Eh heh... :lol:

Armor glow

Hey EM!

Check out this link here on the wiki:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Interface#Armor_Properties

From that pic, you can see see exactly which part of the stats listed on Armor that will add to a specific resistance.

If you're trying to build up Fire resistance for example, you would have to make sure to get armor that had more "fire resistance" on it than any other kind of resistance.

In the case of that pic, that particular piece of armor would add an extra 5% fire resistance to your toon when worn because of an item that was socketed into it.

Number 8 on that pic shows you how the entire protection (resistance) is broken down, and tells you how much resistance each type is getting from this armor.

And that nifty little button up at the top right of your character portrait (on that same wikipage scroll down or click to the "view all bonuses" section), spawns a complete listing of all your specific resistances, specific damages, complete listing of mods...etc. This will show you instantly exactly how much of each resistance you're currently wearing and whether you're on target or not.

1-keep looking for the particular resistance you're trying to build as labeled on items.

2-keep using that little button to keep track of how much your resistance is climbing to.

cheers!

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Ty for the fast reply's guys. Guess I have a lot more studying ahead of me to see why my resistances are still sucking oh well time to hit the merchants again

A big part of the resistance game is knowing what kind of resistance you need against the elemental attacks of the particular monsters you want to go up against.

For example, in the VOT creatures are hugely poison weak. This means that they have the least against all of your attacks that use poison as an element.

Once you have determined the specific weakness of a type of monster you are going against, it's easy to build up an arsenal of weaponry that targets monster's weaknesses.

They die faster and don't have as much time to chip away at your def. If you're going up against Giant Spiders, those huge arachnids do massive poison damage. Massive. When going up against them, make sure that you click on that little button to make sure your poison resistance is good. And if not...switch on some armor that brings up your poison resistance...instantly.

Tons of ways to go about this and it's kind of fun.

Cheers

;)

gogo

p.s. check this page out here on SacredWiki to see what monsters are most weak against:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Monster_Resistance_Tables