Sacred Bestiary

Bestiary

:):bow: I know you have been up and working on this for hours and hours you two and the results are incredible. That first page looks awesome and then everything within it too is taking shape! Fantastic work so free beers and champers and sleep for you both!

:P

Awh hehe, thanx! Though I must say gogo did much of the grunt work. I was just there giving tips and polishing stuffs. :D It's really starting to come alive. :bow:

Oh and I'll most certainly take you up on the beer champers and bed. Since gogo is too busy working I'll have his too. Mwahaha! :)

My turn to crack the whip. :P

So far so good :(

One big suggestion though, Being there are hundreds of different beasties in Sacred I have set up folders for each grouping of critters in the photobucket. I have about 300 different creatures already captured to put in and this will make it far easier to track them down and keep track of whats been put in so far. Ive started going through one by one as I find them and relinking them to the pics in the folders. The animals are done with all the ones I currently have and will start on the next group of demons this afternoon. Woohoo!

:yay:

ahhh, thanks Claire for the kind words :) ... I need an eyeball transplant though ^^ The section was set up the day before yesterday with a few starter pic taken over the course of the next 22 hours over the following two days. I took the pics all in a private lan server with a pretty nifty little level 87 Dark Elf that was invisible. It's a lot of fun trying to figger out out how to get a monster at his best while close up and asking him to say cheese :)

It was Indy that came up with the code for the Sacred Bestiary after seeing my attempt at a bestiary :yay:, and then with finally Schot polishing off the code. Schot also brought in the breadcrumb code all along the top of any monsters page...this way you can navigate from anywhere in the Sacred Bestiary to any other page... a directory of monster bashing :) The way it is now, we get an alphabetized index per monster category plus pics and a nice little stats box area beside each pic for quick data on each monster:

th_sacredbestiaryindex.jpg

And... each monster gets it's own pic, info and stats page:

th_sacredbestiarypage.jpg

And Ari, you're an angel...again! :) I just saw your already huge number of edits to the monster database, and at this rate with help it looks like the Sacred Bestiary could be done lickety split! Ari, your pics look better then mine! :( And I love the way you organized all your hundreds of pics into folders on bucket...superb.

And to everyone else that thinks they have good pics, data/info or hints/writeups about any monster, you can help by clicking on any individual animal's specific Sacred Bestiary page and then putting your own monster killing hints there.

th_sacredbestiarypage.jpg

As you can see, each monster has a small area next to it where info can go, if anyone can help with writing in where monsters could be found in the game, this would really help players with knowing exactly where to go to find these creatures.

As well, if you have any other ideas regarding the template in place, that would be useful as well. Is there information that could be entered in that peeps would find useful, etc.

Also, is there categories that we're missing?

Do we need a new monster category for unique monsters?

Boss monsters?

If we need new ones, anyone here can just add them to the index or just mention it here on this thread and I'll add them in quickly.

Cheers everyone!

:)

gogo

p.s. the thumbnails were all generated with photobucket... it's a very cool option they offer with that , and twas Schot who gave me that neat little trick on how to copy and paste with ifranview [/color] how to move the monster stats bar underneath any monster and then recopy it to right below any monster where it looks nice and centered. ty! :)

p.s. Ari, what is the secret of your pics...how in heavens are you taking them! :) I keep looking and I keep wondering how you did it! Great touch you got ^^

Nice going you two! Wow. I just checked the recent changes and you're all over it Ari, lol. Very cool. Oh and HUUUGE thank you for organizing the photobucket enemy categories! :agreed: The Bestiery is looking very nice. :)

It's really starting to look good, pics are flowing in! And, I've just put in empty templates into empty slots in Sacred Bestiary...hope this helps for peeps who would like to add pictures.

Cheers!

:agreed:

gogo

Ah shucks :agreed: Thanks! haha Oh Ive had these sitting here for a while :) Only real trick to taking them is alot of patience and taking alot of shots. eventually the perfect one comes through :) I see a few Im missing and will round them up later today >:E

Now down to 3 sections left to sort and add to! Humans Undead and hirelings... Ill then go through and do some hunting to fill in what we are missing! I need to kill something though so Im taking a little break for a bit! >:E

lol, Ari yer working so fast on it, you caught up to where even categories weren't even made yet

Okay, just set up two more, Hirelings and Dryads...

Spent a good bit of time studying that whole thing that ascaron did on "amazons" and then with Brad we studied the differences between Amazons, Druids and Dryads...

Turns out amazons are just the part of the dryads that have ranged, while druids are the part of the dryads that cast spells. So a new category called Dryads has been set up, and I stuck in places for the few I know about to help you by templating it for you in advance. As well, I just finished making the new Hirelings Category and stuck in three pics for Hirelings I did today...

Check out the mohkva rider!

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Hirel...kva_Rider.5D.5D

pics is fun!

gogo

p.s. oops, forgot to mention that I also set up the new category called Human Opponents...this is for all thse nasty humanoid sorecers brigands, etc that we meet in game and don't have a game defined category. Hope this helps and with these three new categories, hopefully we'll be able to sort out everything nice and neat. I also alphabetized the listing on the main Sacred Bestiary Index, and maybe later this week, can put together a quick reading table of all the monster categories so that page "reads' faster.

Cheers!

Ari, awesome! woooooooooooooo, lol

I put in about thirty new name places for hirelings, just downing some coffee and then I'll hit the game to take as many snaps as I can to help out.

Just saw your new elfish pics and the rest of the stuff...

omg, it's almost getting finished!

Donuts for y'all!

:drinks:

gogo

They look good huh ^^ So cute, so eatable :D

Ari, it looks like the SacredWiki Bestiary is getting there..., I just did a massive overhaul of the index for the bestiary. I got rid of the Cave of Heroes grouping , and created a new one called Unique Enemies:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_Bestiary which you can see at the bottom of the index.

This new category now groups any enemy that we can find in the game that has no game category affixed to it, like all the unique enemies from Cave of Heroes, and Quest Bosses.

Not much more to go, there are some demons still evading photo capture, quest bosses, cave of heroes and draggya...

All good fun, and soon to be spotted and photographed for posterity.

Cheers!

:P

:o

gogo

p.s, now to see if I can get some of those donut snowmen on me plate for tonight. :4rofl:

gogo

hehe! Oh Schot laughed at me when I found an enemy we didn't have yet during the kami! I squeaked with joy! So Im always looking!

... Im so glad to see a kripsy Kream has made it that far north!, We are yet to get a single one here, but now there is hope! LOL

hehe! Oh Schot laughed at me when I found an enemy we didn't have yet during the kami! I squeaked with joy! So Im always looking!

... Im so glad to see a kripsy Kream has made it that far north!, We are yet to get a single one here, but now there is hope! LOL

lol, priceless. Took me a while to figure out what the excitement was all about. Yet another head for the bestiary wall! :4rofl: