Installing Sacred Gold

First off, thank you Ari, so much.

Now... I put the Sacred gold disk in, nothing happened. So I went to My Computer and opened it manually... it gave me the option of Play or Uninstall plus some other options that weren't very important looking. When I clicked both play and uninstall it said "Windows cannot find Sacred.exe" Which would make sense, since it was uninstalled.

Then I got to thinking, I had done a system restore after Sacred was uninstalled to try to see if I could get Sacred back that way. The entire Sacred folder came back and all that.... but when I tried to play OR uninstall it didn't work. The computer just sat there like nothing was going to happen (and nothing did). So now how do I go about installing again?

Didn't want to double post - I figured it out.

Instead of doing AutoPlay I just explored the CD, found the Setup executable inside the English sub-folder and it worked :D. Cya'll in game soon :P

Griffman, the SAME EXACT THING happened to my friend when he came over for a little lan game... he's running an HP laptop... he first tried installing with his CDs, but the PC (PIECE OF CRAP) wouldn't read his disk. it was determined that it was scratched... now reluctant to lend him my disk (for fear of el scratcho) I made a copy of his disk... worked on my PC but not his. Then I went into explore and tried installing that way, the install worked. good so far? yes.

now for the fun part:

He did the same thing I did when installing sacred for the first time, he put it on his external HD... what does this mean for when he tries to play with the external plugged in again? it seems as if running the game from the computer's HD and the external, the game would crash... he's afraid to try it for fear of losing a level 6 BM... I told him to man up and deal with it, back up the little mage and try it... he's still reluctant to do so. any advice for what might happen?

also... why when he installed the patch it was 2.28 ASE and when I installed it was 2.28. I seem to be missing items01.PAK and Items00.PAK or something like that... and when I copied his files and dragged them into the PAK folder it turned my Ethan Rhys' set compeletly white...drained of color! (oh!) Because of this (well at least I think, because of this) I cannot seem to start a LAN server on my horse of a machine, so we had a lagfest that died when his comp overheated bc he's playing on an ancient laptop... any reason why I wouldn't be able to start my own server? (I unblocked it with my firewall and all that stuff...)

Thanks a lot guys!

-Total

Hmmm. Sounds like a bad install Total. I would suggest, (I know this is a pain but...), uninstalling Sacred and then re-install. Though I think it would be best to use windows XP "Add or Remove Programs" tool found in "Control Panel" of your windows. Assuming you're using Win XP that is. :D Then to be safe install on an internal HD and be careful of which 2.28 patch you add to it. My games are 2.28 ASE.

As for your trouble with starting a server. Ooooooh boy. That's a big one, lol. If you could start a new topic about this I would be happy to help and I'm sure others could as well. :(

I had to do that with sacred because of vista

I had to turn of auto run and stuff

but it was still because of vista

Thanks a lot guys! I am prolly gonna do a reinstall tomorrow. and yes, vista is one scary devil. Vista really does make Satan look like a boy scout. Microsoft's biggest worst evil to date. I run a windows XP Media center (but my externals partitioned to run XP pro.)

quite a confusing layout =P

-Total