Playstation 3 or Xbox 360?

12 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 vs. Xbox 360

• Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360

I made sure to ask for all gift certificates to GameStop for Christmas. I've got at least half the cost covered now. I'm in the market for...you guessed it a next gen system, but I'm torn. I'm loyal to my PS2 and I'm leaning on getting the PS3, BUT that 360 is calling me also. Should I give in to Halo this time? They both have comprable hit titles. Grand theft auto 4 will be on both...Ghostbusters will be on both, so it seems neither can be declared the clear winner in the game/game exclusivity dept. Price? Hundred dollar difference won't cause me to sway one way or the other. DvD? It seems Blu-Ray has the better abilities/twice the capacity as HD-DVD does but then again will both end up like Beta did? Sadly it may come down to: Will Final Fantasy 13 be exclusive to PS3. Yes I'm one of those guys-the FF series is just one of the best if not the best series of games, certainly the best RPG in my eyes anyway.

Before I talk myself in circles, what do YOU think:)

PS. Don't give me that Wii business. I love Nintendo and I own a Game Boy/NES/64/GameCube but Wii just has to take a backseat when it comes to serious 1 player graphically amazing system suiteness.

PS3 for sure. If I would have the money, I would buy one right now.

Here are the reasons:

+ Blu-ray player for free. Sure you can buy hd-dvd player to x-box360, but then it will loose it's only real plus side and that is the price. Whit hd-dvd player, it will cost around the same and if you look how blu-ray vs. hd-dvd battle is going on, you'll see that blu-ray is winning

+ Gran turismo is released only on playstation. If this would be the only plus side to PS3, I would buy it anyways as there isn't any driving game better than gran turismo series has been. Gran turismo 3 and 4 were the reason why I did buy PS2 some time ago.

+ Tekken is released only on playestation. Best fighting series ever. Don't like any other fighting games.

+ Singstar. If you like karaoke, you love it (like my gf does)

+ Buzz. Best party game ever.

+ Overall image. Sony makes great tv's and other electronics, but what does microsoft do.. yup, Vista and other bad stuff.

PS 3 is definitely more powerful in the gaming area.

Surely Xbox is more stable, but if you are looking for a stable operating system get a Mac lol. :D

lol @ myles

PS3, played them both, prefered the games on PS3, and the PS3 in general....

Also I think the graphics on PS3 are a slight bit better

:D

~Doom