Suggestion: difference in CAs by type of weapon equipped

Just thought I'd suggest it'd be worth noting how a CA works differently if armed w/ different types of weapons (I'd only add a note when it's different).

Two examples:

• Gladiator's Multi-hit and Attack CAs get up to 5 arrows (depending on level of CA), w/ Attack hitting only 1 target and MH spreading out to multiple targets. Regen and %'s are also different when using ranged weapons w/ MH.
  • Dwarf with Wrath CA while equipped with gauntlets (unarmed combat).

Oh I wanted to cry when I realized I needed a video example of the Attack CA using a bow, haha. All in due time. Your suggestions would be of great benefit to readers Masteff. Very good and useful info indeed. :D

I've gone ahead and adjusted your wiki permissions to allow you to edit on the wiki masteff so should you ever feel like adding something you may feel free to add to the various pages there or even suggest changes you think could be good here on the forum like you have just done. Oh and if you're not sure how to style your data on the wiki don't worry about it. Should you enter data think needs to be formated someway then rest assured that someone will come along and format/place things. As is the way of the wiki. I know many of the various tricks as well so feel free to ask. :hugs:

Just thought I'd suggest it'd be worth noting how a CA works differently if armed w/ different types of weapons (I'd only add a note when it's different).

Two examples:

• Gladiator's Multi-hit and Attack CAs get up to 5 arrows (depending on level of CA), w/ Attack hitting only 1 target and MH spreading out to multiple targets. Regen and %'s are also different when using ranged weapons w/ MH.
  • Dwarf with Wrath CA while equipped with gauntlets (unarmed combat).

Now let's check:

Gladiator level 206.

Hard Hit regeneration with sword: 116.8 s

Multi Hit regeneration with sword: 116.8 s

I took a crossbow and an arch:

Multi Hit says that with these items handed, it will regenerate in 0.8 seconds.

Hard Hit says that with these items handed, it will regenerate in 0.8 seconds.

But, what happens when we try to use them?

Trying to use multi hit with crossbow/arch => The CA doesn't seem to really discharge, and in 0,8 s is fully available.

Trying to use hard hit with crossbow/arch => The CA charge falls down, and requires 116.8 s to be available.

Interesting feature:

If you discharge your CA power with other CAs, multi hit of course must be charged. But it doesn't require only 0.8. It requires up to 116.8 s to be available. (if you use something that for example has 200 of regen)

Anyway, this is quite interesting. :)

Thanks for the contribution :devil:

• 2 months later...

Interesting

Does Attack when used with Range only all hit one monster?

What if it takes out the first monster with only one arrow...would the rest of the arrows home in on the rest of the baddies?

:yay:

gogo

Attack sends a group of arrows at one enemy, if the monster dies, then any remaining arrows will continue down range, so if another monster is in the line of fire, then yes, it will get hit. But only if it's in the original line of fire.

What determines line of fire

directly behind?

slightly to the side?

Do the arrows that find another target only have a small amount of swerve before being lost?

Sort of like a limited splash damage?

:)

gogo

What determines line of fire

directly behind?

slightly to the side?

Do the arrows that find another target only have a small amount of swerve before being lost?

Sort of like a limited splash damage?

:)

gogo

there is no curve. arrows fired using the attack CA are sent in a wedge shape, in a straight line, spreading out as they fly. the angle of that wedge depends on how many arrows are in it. for example, a WE attack, combined with multiple shot makes one very large arc of about 15 arrows, that will usually hit 2 or three enemies.

if the arrows kill the target before they all collide, then the arrows remaining will continue on their straight line course until they either A: hit soemthing, or B: reach their maximum range

\....|..../

.\...|.../.

..\..|../..

...\.|./...

....\|/....

a little illustration to demonstrate my point, the "lines" illustrate hte path of the arrows. expanding from the point of firing

the regeneration is diffrent with ranged and melee weapon at gladi so is % damage, the short duration will be right when u cast if after eachother, but if u decide to cast DS it will do the long charge.

when doing a MH cast the CA bubble wont completly discharge, only a small amount of the CA bubble will get gray, but when doing anorher CA like DS the whole bubble will get gray.

(yepp doing a ranged gladi right now :gun2: )