Bounty Hunt

So I'm still playing SP as my internet still won't hold a connection long enough for me to play multiplayer (and I lost my little booklet with the serial numbers and stuff so I can't create an account)...

but I've been doing the bounty hunt quest, and after about half of the bounties were collected, Richford dropped a Uriels Breastplate of Faith for me... I also leveled up from his experience he gave. now this brings forth quite a few questions that I could ask...

Has anyone had this happen to them too? (Getting a set, or for that matter ANY item from him?)

Does it have something to do with leveling up when collecting the bounty? (Like a nice little easter egg?)

Does it have something to do with how many bounties I've collected? (I've never done this quest so Idk what to expect from this)

Is it just a freak accident that will never happen again?

To test the last question, im going to go grab like a billion more experience... it takes forever to level after 100 lol... and try to have him level me again? Will he drop a goodie? Well, more testing to be done, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this phenomenon occur before too? (From what I understand from Nightwolfe's site is that he ONLY gives experience and gold.)

Well, off to hunt again, ciao

-Total

to further the weirdness, I just did the orc from porto vallum, gilbert, and he wasnt in his normal spot. he was quite a bit north of the graveyard... did I screw up my game somehow? why was he not in his spot?!:)!:) (as shown by wolfe's lair) im befuddled.

-Total

Hey hey Total

Ironic that you should post about this today because we actually did this during todays Kamikaze. Sadly the bounty hunt often becomes bugged in MP and we weren't able to finish it. :)

It's actually very common to recieve a set item from Richford during the hunt. In fact we got one during ours today. Same thing for side quests as well. Occasionally you get a set item and I believe the chance of it is governed in the same way as drops from an enemy. The Chance to find special items mod may be able to improve your chances of this although I don't have any exact proof on that. As for whether the # of bounties could affect your chance to get a set item I couldn't say but from experience I would say that I've never gotten a set drop without doing several of them first. I'd say 6 or more.

As for each bouties location I believe it is never exactly the same. The bounties can wander around so I would guess that the locations NightWolfe has marked are only approximate. ;)

Happy hunting Total. :)

I'd say he spawned where he is supposed to, but something made him wander a bit. Remember, too, you can only do the hunt once each in Bronze/Silver/Gold, etc.

I've had greens from Richford, too - maybe half my hunting quests.

gial

PS There are 21 bounties. Usually about 14 or 15 you start seeing "No Bounty currently available" Just be persistent clicking the sign/Richford/barman/Sign until one comes up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...