The Mist

cyclops

Watched it yesterday and there nothing really spectacular about it but if you like suspense this is it. I don't usually say this expression but once I saw the ending I couldn't stop from saying Holy Hannah! Just watch the movie to found out why.

I cant wait to see this personally, Its a personal favorite of Stephen Kings. It would always bring a shiver every foggy morning or misty night! I just hope the ending holds and they didn't "dumb it down"

Well, I read the book and... dunno, it wasn't for me one of king's best. Not all that polished, just a bunch of freaky animals all out in the mist eating people, lol...

Ari, since you're in the country , and see a lot of fog, I can see how this would bring the shivers...

I think I'll just wait till this comes out on dvd

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

I just saw it last night. Hmmm, and that's a pretty big hmmm. Is the movie good? I'm not too sure, as I'm still scratching my head over the huge range of feelings I had when watching this movie. Right off the bat, I liked it. Great cinematography, great score (Mark Isham...he rocks...remember Crash?) And that cool edgy hand-held camera effect that I've fallen in love with ever watching Battlestar Galactica. I was engrossed with the starter family and was more delighted with finally meeting up with characters that I had met with many, many years ago when reading the novella upon which this movie was based written by Stephen King. In my opinion, The Mist was the weakest out of the lot of stories... it just seemed so unfocused... it made me just think and ask... Creatures in the Mist coming out and eating people...who cares?

However...I guess the book couldn't convey the transformation of a world who's military leaves a dimensional door upon...and is it ever a huge change. Landscape, atmosphere, sounds...lol, food chain ^^ Spoiler here for those who haven't seen it yet... I wanted to mention a few things that I really enjoyed about the movie, and I'd be curious to see if anyone here had liked the movie.

1-The spiders were awesome. The way they laid eggs in humans and had the tiny creatures bursting out from sores and just...emptying out the human... gross. I was also very impressed by the effect they used to animate the webbery that shot out of the spiders...wafting in the air like that but hugely corrosive... yes they burn.

2-The final huge creature at the end. When Stephen King wrote about that part of the book...way way way at the end...I remember being filled with wonder. A creature that dwarfed a Blue Whale, and who's body was so high up in the air, above the clouds who's legs would dwarf a house... More than anything the director had the actors convey the sense of ...I guess at this point they suspended their horror for sheer wonder, and a kind of awe...and..ultimate despair. When you see this creature you finally realize...you're screwed...I mean REALLY screwed. (sorry for the choice of words, nothing else seemed good for that moment) When they, you I see this beast...you come to realize there is no hope. None.

3. Fantastic ending. Took me completely by surprise and had me biting my nails while wondering...during that final scene in the care when he's with the five of them SPOILER SERIOUS SPOILER HER LOL... what is he going to do? I paused the movie at this point and asked my friend who was watching it with me...are you now as terrified by the options available to them? Are you scared...do you have ANY idea of what they are going to do? And when that gun slowly comes up into the camera eye... I almost felt like crying...that a film maker would do this to us at the end of the movie.

And...it doesn't end there...it gets worse/better...but for that, dear readers...you'll just have to rent the movie.

:oooo:

gogo