Just wondering if there is a way to highlight forums/sub-forums that have new and/or unread posts since my last visit. I find that I miss a few here and there and end up posting in them days later. I almost missed Ari's Birthday thread :) I try and remember to look at the date/time posted but like I said I often miss a couple threads

click 'view new posts' in the blue toolbar.

if we had a click counter I would be pretty high on top clickers there :)

edit: spelling

Edited by Erling

I guess I'm too used to the SIF where I have a visual indication that there's new posts in a particular forum. And never saw that 'new posts' in the toolbar. Wonder what else I've missed :)

Oh I live by that new posts link, haha. I really need to make it more visible. Many people miss out on it as it doesn't really stand out. Adding it to the to do. :D There are forum indicators as well which also don't stand out very well, eh heh.

When there is new stuff: (Ack! Needs to be against a dark background, lol)

lampon.png

No new stuff:

lampoff.png

I intend to animate the "New Stuff" image. Just haven't had time, haha. :)

lol, knuckles, you know...that's always been one of my primary fears here with new users...that they miss that View New Posts button and it's functionality. This forum has about 150 to 200 posts going up a day, so it's easy to lose stuff.

The cool thing about the View New Post Functionality is the animation that Brad has created when looking at the page that spawns...all posts that have been unread by you have active sacred mini-animated portals...and if they are read, the portals are static and not active.

th_viewposts-1.jpg

:)

gogo

Oh once I'm in one of the main forums I'm all set :) I was looking more at the home page. Other than looking at post dates (or clicking new posts)I have no idea if there's new posts on main page

Was wondering where those little thingys were and just found them lol...so much for my powers of observation...was exactly what I meant. Off to look for little sparklies

edit: Figured out what I was doing wrong...all those things always had sparklies. prob was since there are sooo many threads per forum, I never have looked at everything so there were always new posts in every forum and sparklies in each thingy (love the tech speak) just marked everything as read and now I can see the light err...see no sparklies

Was wondering where those little thingys were and just found them lol...so much for my powers of observation...was exactly what I meant. Off to look for little sparklies

edit: Figured out what I was doing wrong...all those things always had sparklies. prob was since there are sooo many threads per forum, I never have looked at everything so there were always new posts in every forum and sparklies in each thingy (love the tech speak) just marked everything as read and now I can see the light err...see no sparklies

Oh I don't think you need to blame your observational skills Knuckles. Those lil "sparklies" don't quite give off enough sparkle me thinks. Never fear though. I'm feeling an overhaul coming on. I might be locked up in the mad scientists dungeon again very soon. :drunkards::thumbsup: