Dark Elf build Help.

well I also play DE's but I usaly just do what tomi tells me to (lol) exept I take Blade Combat :)

PS: lalalala can't hear you tomi

:4rofl:

Well as far as BC I'm still not sure wether to take it or not.

Like I wrote before, I will just have to experiment and see

what works best IMO. :)

BC is just like Sword Lore, Axe Lore etc.

If you're melee going with weapon/shield than you'll want something that increases attack speed and attack rating. All my melee toons have a weapon skill. When building a non-melee toon then the weapon skill isn't needed. Remember all melee Combat Arts don't automatically hit every time. Increasing Attack Rating goes a long way to insuring you hit often, with or without using the CA.

Of the remaining skill choices, there are not many that really are good. I just don't see concentration being a useful skill for the DE since it only affects melee attacks. From what I remember both the DE and Seraphim are far better off with a different skill. Now I do admit that Trade does take hefty investment, but with a good Trade skill you can get +Trade amulets to make a Trade suit. Certain toons can easily maximize Trade by Niob or earlier. All of your skills with the exception of Trade and Constitution get diminishing returns on investment. Regardless of your skill choices, just have fun and don't be afraid to try other characters.

BC is just like Sword Lore, Axe Lore etc.

If you're melee going with weapon/shield than you'll want something that increases attack speed and attack rating. All my melee toons have a weapon skill. When building a non-melee toon then the weapon skill isn't needed. Remember all melee Combat Arts don't automatically hit every time. Increasing Attack Rating goes a long way to insuring you hit often, with or without using the CA.

Ok then despite the advice of some in this thread, I will be taking Bc then.

But I have another question now? In the long run what gives better benefits,

a combination of Agility and Parrying or a combo with Armor. I noticed with

my Gladiator that the encumbrance became less with every level and in most

cases quickly disapppeared.

So if armor only increases the protection a armor gives and lowers the encumbrance

it seems to me that Agility & Parrying combined with Adrenaline should give more

benefits in the long run. Or am I wrong in that?

LOL erling!

Um I don't really understand your question, but

the armor gives you resistance what you can check if you push "I" (inventory) and under your skills.

the adrenaline gives you defense what you can check a but upper then the resist.

If your resist is higher then you get lesser damage by 1 hit.

If your defense is higher, then you don't get hits soo often.

I still can say that if you use poison mist too then the BC is useless, but your decision. And I still say that a hybrid De can't be so powerful, than

a simple trap DE.

It's true a pure trapper is a mass killer but the OP stated he's making a hybrid. His DE will use PM and Attack. So Concentration and Attack Rating are important. Making the most uber toon may not be important to him. Just a DE that is survivable and fun to play.

If it was a pure trapper then my advice would be very different. A hybrid can and will work all the way to Niob. He can use PM to do moderate damage and make a leech field of sorts, while Attack takes care of the ones that make it thru the PM's. Could he just pump PM and forget about Attack. Sure he could, but that's not what he wants to do and thus my advice was tailored to that.

It's true a pure trapper is a mass killer but the OP stated he's making a hybrid. His DE will use PM and Attack.

So Concentration and Attack Rating are important. Making the most uber toon may not be important to him.

Just a DE that is survivable and fun to play.

That is indeed what I was looking for, I do not want a toon that

at a certain moment in the game would feel like a god. It should

stay a challenge I think, makes the game more fun to play. :)

That is indeed what I was looking for, I do not want a toon that

at a certain moment in the game would feel like a god. It should

stay a challenge I think, makes the game more fun to play. :)

in which case agility is a very important choice for you because you will be put into more situations that require you to be able to A) hit the enemy and B) not get hit by said enemy. agility is nice like that, and not only that, but it seems many dark elf items boost agility... so its a two for one that its A) beneficial in a superior degree, and B) easy to boost. good luck

-Total